BBB "no time limit" timing out

NSSI Canvas Support

Jan 31, 2024, 10:08:38 AMJan 31
to bigbluebutton-users
Good day, BBB Community.

We have a question concerning the "no time limit" option in BBB sessions. We are currently using BBB through Canvas, so I am unable to locate which version we are using. We set up a session on Monday at 0633 and the session timed out (with a countdown clock) at 1536. However, we have another BBB session in our Sandbox that has been open October 13, 2023. Any information is appreciated as we had to quickly pivot during a live course with as little disruption as possible.

Thank you,
Christina Mendez
Deputy Director of Digital Learning and Strategy
National Security Space Institute

Jean Pluzo

Feb 15, 2024, 2:55:46 AMFeb 15
to bigbluebutton-users
Hi,

if you're accessing BBB through canvas your best bet is to cantact canvas directly. They have access to the BBB servers and can tell you if a timer has been configured or not.

Regards,
J.