Microphone automatically lowered when I use BBB

Victor Deberdt

Mar 11, 2024, 1:24:33 PMMar 11
to bigbluebutton-users
Hello !
As a teacher in France, I have a free access to BigBlueButton for online classes. I use it weekly and I face a problem I've not found a solution to in the internet, hence this message.
I have a Logitech Pro X (headset) and I use the software Logitech G Hub for lots of settings.
I usually set my microphone at around 50%.
Whenever I teach using BigBlueButton, I noticed that the mic level is progressively reduced to 10-11%. My students can hear me, but if I go on Discord for example, nobody can hear me properly and I have to open Logitech G Hub to set it back to 50%.
It's pretty annoying... Do you have any solution so BBB can't change my microphone level ?
Thanks !

Michael Kuhlmann

Mar 11, 2024, 5:29:07 PMMar 11
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Victor,

I don’t know the specifications of your microphone. But you can prevent BBB from compressing your signal. In order to get your audio in the conference without filtering, click the options-Button and from there, select basic preferences. In the applications-tab of this window, you can untick Audio-filtering.
Don’t forget to save your settings, and now, your audio-signal should get into the conference unprocessed.

Good luck and best.

Michael