change user uid bbb 2.7.6 Greenlight v2

Patrick Fulconis

Apr 22, 2024, 9:19:29 AMApr 22
to bigbluebutton-users
Hello

Since I changed the uid of all users in my LDAP, they can't connect to
BBB (using Greenlight v2)
I've searched on internet and found that Greenlight use the dn and not
the email
I saw that deleting the user in Greenlight will fix the issue, but rooms
will be lossed in the process.

LDAP attribute mapping
https://docs.bigbluebutton.org/greenlight/gl-config.html#ldap-auth
is not available

I saw "Temporarily, you can update that user's social_uid to their new
dn and they should be able to log in"
I don't see field social_uid in my ldap so I suppose is in Greenlight

How can I do it please ?

Best Regards
Patrick

Jean Pluzo

May 22, 2024, 2:17:29 AMMay 22
to bigbluebutton-users
Hi Patrick,

since GLv2 has been deprecated, don't expect much help from the community. Most have migrated to GLv3.
You will have to investigate, test and implement this yourself.
Small hint: go into the GLv2 Postgres DB. There should be a column there called social_uid.

Regards,
J.