Default language

Nikola

May 4, 2024, 3:57:02 PMMay 4
to bigbluebutton-users
Hello everybody.
In the current bigbluebutton documentation (we don't use Greenlight), it is not clear where you can enable the default language. Maybe someone will tell me where.
Thank you.

Vasyl Ostrovskyi

May 20, 2024, 4:10:39 AMMay 20
to bigbluebutton-users
Hello Nikola,
By default, BBB uses locale according to browser settings. However, you can force BBB to set initial locale for all users by adding the following to /etc/bigbluebutton/bbb-html5.yml
public:
  app:
    defaultSettings:
      application:
        overrideLocale: uk_UA
and restart bbb.
Then users will always start with that locale, and can change it during session in the settings menu. This is permanent server settings, not room  or meeting setting, so you cam make problems during international meetings to users who do not understand your language.
Also, in 3.0.alpha version there is a possibility to set this for a single meeting, see https://docs.bigbluebutton.org/3.0/development/api/#clientsettingsoverride
Regards,
 Vasyl
субота, 4 травня 2024 р. о 22:57:02 UTC+3 Nikola пише:

Nikola

May 20, 2024, 10:23:40 AMMay 20
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Vasyl. Everything worked out.