BBB and OSB Studio with DSLR Camera

Marc Paré

Feb 8, 2021, 9:33:10 PM2/8/21
to bigbluebutton-users
I am trying to use my Olympus OM-D-EM10 Mark II camera as webcam and
have the use of the ElGato Cam Link 4K to pipe my camera's video through
HDMI into my computer.

Has anyone had any success in using their DSLR camera with OSB Studio
with BBB? I am curious if it works? I am curious as to how to get it
working on an instance of BBB on my group's server. It appears that OSB
Studio has pre-sets to many web conferencing platforms, but
unfortunately, not for BBB.

Thanks for any help.

Marc

--
Marc Paré
marcpa...@gmail.com

Lorenz Schori

Feb 9, 2021, 2:49:33 AM2/9/21
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

On Mon, 8 Feb 2021 21:33:05 -0500
Marc Paré <marcpa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It appears that OSB
> Studio has pre-sets to many web conferencing platforms, but
> unfortunately, not for BBB.

OBS Studio has a "Virtual Camera" feature. The output of OBS Studio
appears in the BBB webcam sharing dialog.

Since 26.1 OBS Studio ships with virtual camera by default on Linux and
Mac. I guess that you need to install a plugin in Windows.

Cheers,
Lorenz

Marc Paré

Feb 9, 2021, 10:56:04 PM2/9/21
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks! I'll take a closer again. I am on Linux.

Cheers,