no recording unless >1 persons in the room?

C Sc

Feb 12, 2024, 3:58:49 AMFeb 12
to bigbluebutton-users
Hi,
Is it true that no recording is actually made unless at least 2 people are in the room?
I think that I observed this, but I cannot confirm it, reading the docs.

Could you clarify? Thanks a lot!

Kind regards, Carsten

Jean Pluzo

Feb 15, 2024, 2:57:19 AMFeb 15
to bigbluebutton-users

Hi,

a good starting point is to open a session and see if you can record yourself without anyone else been in said session.

Regards,
J.

C Sc

Feb 15, 2024, 9:00:13 AMFeb 15
to bigbluebutton-users
Hi Jean,
That's what I tried, indeed. But since the recording system is new to me I wasn't sure if my conclusion was correct.
I am mainly asking because testing with only me in the room is a bit easier than having to invite myself on a different device time and time again, for each test.
So I would like to know if this is actually a feature, a side effect of something or just a false assumption on my part.

Jean Pluzo

Feb 20, 2024, 6:41:47 AMFeb 20
to bigbluebutton-users
Hi,

BBB starts recording as soon as you press the "start recording" button.
If you have done this with 1, 2, 50 or 100 participants in a room, that means the feature is working and is not a bug. Have you actually done this?
Where did you hear that at least 2 participants are needed?

"If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck."

Regards,
J.

C Sc

Feb 23, 2024, 5:06:16 AMFeb 23
to bigbluebutton-users
I just observed that I could not find any recordings when I tested with just me in the room.
Wondered if this was actually an undocumented feature.
But I got through the testing phase ok, with faking a second participant.

Jean Pluzo

Mar 11, 2024, 4:37:54 AMMar 11
to bigbluebutton-users
The there's something not working on your setup.
I have done many 1-person recordings. You shouldn't need a second person to start recording.
Regards,
J.

C Sc

Mar 13, 2024, 9:35:49 AMMar 13
to bigbluebutton-users
Good to know, thanks. I will give it another shot.