Using Chromacam in BBB - integrated webcam error

Karin

Feb 8, 2021, 9:00:31 AM2/8/21
to bigbluebutton-users
I use Chromacam (https://www.chromacam.me/ ) to change the background in videoconferencing apps, like Zoom, MS Teams and BBB. In these apps I can choose which camera I want to use: the integrated webcam of my laptop (the 'normal' camera with normal background) or 'Chromacam' with a background that gives more privacy.

This works fine in Zoom and MS Teams. But in BigBlueButton I encounter problems. If I choose the 'integrated webcam' in BBB (so, not Chromacam; not a virtual background) while chromacam still is installed, the integrated webcam gives an error and doesn't function.
After de-installing chromacam I could choose the integrated webcam again and this also worked.

Like said, installing chromacam next to my integrated webcam doesn't cause problems in e.g. Zoom.

--> @BigBleButton developers: can you look into this? Maybe there is a bug in BBB?

Fred Dixon

Feb 8, 2021, 9:08:32 AM2/8/21
to BigBlueButton-users
Can you share your operating system version that you are using and we can take a closer look at it?

Regards,... Fred

BigBlueButton Developer

Like BigBlueButton?  Tweet us at @bigbluebutton

Karin

Feb 8, 2021, 9:15:29 AM2/8/21
to bigbluebutton-users
I use Windows 10 64-bit.
I have a Dell laptop. My integrated webcam has the code 064e:920b
and the corresponding error code also mentioned 064e:920b
An internet search learned that this code probably refers to the type of webcam, the Suyin Integrated Webcam (see https://linux-hardware.org/index.php?id=usb:064e-920b  ) (N.B. I do not use Linux).
Which seems logical to me, because I indeed had a problem with this integrated webcam, while having Chromacam installed, in BBB.