BigBlueButton : Microphone automatically muted

Soheb Somani

Apr 23, 2024, 9:22:30 AMApr 23
to bigbluebutton-users
Hi All,

We have had instances in which mic is automatically muted in the middle of a conference when someone is talking. A trainer has had such issues (him as well as the participants). I have faced this myself once.

I faced this in Mac + Chrome, BBB Version : 2.7.5
Trainer and another colleague faced this in Windows + Chrome, BBB Version : 2.7.5 and 2.7.6

This doesn't happen very frequently. But we have had some cases here and there.

Do you know why this could happen and how we can avoid this?

Nikola

Apr 24, 2024, 12:33:54 AMApr 24
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Such cases are possible when the network is lost.

вт, 23 квіт. 2024 р. о 16:22 Soheb Somani <som...@didaris.com> пише:

Fred Dixon

Apr 24, 2024, 7:56:48 AMApr 24
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Soheb,

As Nikola said, it might be when a network restart occurs and the client reconnects.  We'll keep an eye out for any other cause as we update BigBlueButton 2.7.

Regards,... Fred

--
Co-founder BigBlueButton

Like BigBlueButton?  Tweet us at @bigbluebutton

Soheb Somani

Apr 24, 2024, 8:46:58 AMApr 24
to bigbluebutton-users
Hi Fred and Nikola,

Thank you for the reply. It is possible.

Just to let you know, a few of our customers have experienced this in earlier versions of 2.6 as well as 2.7. So this is not just 2.7.5.

Nikola

Apr 24, 2024, 3:39:10 PMApr 24
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
We have encountered this in different versions. And that was when the network went down. Now we have 2.7.6. We are constantly updating. Today we have 85 users. We have been using BBB for 4 years. Connection via API.

ср, 24 квіт. 2024 р. о 15:47 Soheb Somani <som...@didaris.com> пише:

Soheb Somani

Apr 25, 2024, 3:44:56 AMApr 25
to bigbluebutton-users
Hi Nikola and Fred,

My point here would be if it is because of the network restart, I can understand that during those few seconds, everyone cannot hear the trainer that has these problems. But what's the reason behind the trainer being muted automatically? Because once the Network has restarted, everyone would be able to listen to the trainer (if it's not automatically muted). In this case, even though the Network has successfully restarted, everyone cannot hear the trainer only because they are muted.

sd...@distancelearning.cloud

Apr 29, 2024, 1:59:32 PMApr 29
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com

Was the user muted in the user list?  Or did you just not hear them?  Did unmute turn voice back on?

Alt-m  will toggle mute in UI.       If you have access to server, the nexttime this happens look in the events.xml to see if muted event was sent.

Also,  if you have multiple moderators, another moderator could mute you 😊

Regards,

Stephen

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted