Use BBB Mac + iPad

Soheb Somani

Apr 25, 2024, 3:38:22 PMApr 25
to bigbluebutton-users
Hello!

Our trainers would like to use Mac (or Windows) + iPad. They would mainly like to share their screen from iPad and write/scribble on it using a pen. BBB doesn't allow screensharing on iPad. BBB has a tablet app, but the resolution is not great. Does anyone has faced this problem and have a solution? We have a couple of trainers who like to teach with this method.

I would appreciate any help in this matter. :)

kristoff...@gmail.com

Jun 7, 2024, 7:06:45 AMJun 7
to bigbluebutton-users

There are solutions to your problem that are more of a workaround. We use both ;-)

MAC: Start movie recording in Quicktime, select the ipad as camera and publish the window that appears via screen sharing.

Windows: Basically identical, as there is no Quicktime on windows, we use the app anymiro on the windows computer - this also works with android tablets.

This allows the ipad screen to be mirrored in a good resolution and teachers can use any software they want on the ipad.