Secure Connection

Valerie Valente

Feb 11, 2021, 12:58:17 PM2/11/21
to bigbluebutton-users
Good afternoon,

We have calls from parents and children that when they try to enter their conferences now, it says there is not a secure connection.  It wasn't happening this morning and they've restarted their devices (both chromebooks and iPads) and it's coming up still.  This is for teachers and students.  Any ideas?

egon...@glendaleacademy.org

Feb 11, 2021, 1:16:26 PM2/11/21
to bigbluebutton-users
Try putting https:// in the front of the URL. Also, check that your server rewrites http connections to https

Valerie Valente

Feb 11, 2021, 1:23:48 PM2/11/21
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com

I can do that, but if the conferences weren’t working at home but when they brought them into the school, could it be another issue?

Ms. Valerie Valente

Director of Technology and STEM Programs

Park Forest-Chicago Heights School District 163

(708)668-9454

vval...@sd163.com

Image removed by sender.

egon...@glendaleacademy.org

Feb 11, 2021, 4:07:37 PM2/11/21
to bigbluebutton-users
If it works at school but not at home, there could be any number of explanations. Perhaps there is a proxy at school that points to the rewrites the URLs? Anyway, without any additional information I'm guessing that the the hosting service does not rewrite incoming URLs to send students to an encrypted connection.