In a group video call, randomly people drop their videos or mics what can be the issue

Ali Raza

Dec 9, 2020, 7:14:11 AM12/9/20
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Hi,
I have installed Bigbluebutton on my vps server
  • 4 CPU Cores
  • 6 GB RAM
  • 120 GB SSD RAID 10
  • 3000 GB Bandwidth
  all the time my client complains for bad quality

what should I do ? my meeting quality reduces when user increases to 5 or 6 users at a time.

Fred Dixon

Dec 9, 2020, 7:10:49 PM12/9/20
to BigBlueButton-.
Hi Ali,

There isn't enough information here to help out.  See

We invite you to try our demo server and let us know if you see the same issue there

If so, the issue with dropping/poor audio quality might be closer to the users (same users, two different BigBlueButton servers).

If not, the issue might be in your BigBlueButton server.

In any case, give demo a try and it will help you narrow down the source of the problem.

Regards,... Fred

BigBlueButton Developer

Like BigBlueButton?  Tweet us at @bigbluebutton

Ali Raza

Dec 10, 2020, 1:12:18 AM12/10/20
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Fred,

Thank you very much for your response to my question. I have tested the demo link and its working fine on your server,
So what do you recommend? should I upgrade the server specifications ? like to upgrade RAM ?

--
Regards !
Raza Hasnain

basisbit

Dec 20, 2020, 11:23:44 AM12/20/20
to BigBlueButton-Setup
please read https://docs.bigbluebutton.org/2.2/install.html#minimum-server-requirements
A VPS will not be suitable for a heavily used BigBlueButton server.
Also, please read the link that Fred already linked to. It already links to the above minimum server requirements and it also explains that a VPS will usually not do the job.

Ali Raza

Dec 30, 2020, 6:21:37 AM12/30/20
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Fred,

do you recommend me any dedicated server company if I purchase from you or cloud ?

On Thu, Dec 10, 2020 at 5:10 AM Fred Dixon <ffd...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
Regards !
Raza Hasnain

Stefan L.

Dec 30, 2020, 7:25:57 AM12/30/20
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
see https://docs.bigbluebutton.org/2.2/install.html#minimum-server-requirements - it mentions recommended/tested server hosting.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "BigBlueButton-Setup" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/bigbluebutton-setup/CAHs-QRVYP8C-ePNyfgLpw_FyZU9k47c02%3DKE2kuNsieJ6km0Zw%40mail.gmail.com.

Ali Raza

Jan 22, 2021, 12:36:22 AM1/22/21
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Yes I want these specification server, do you provide the dedicated server as my server is not performing well, or do you suggest me any good server company, on which server you are running your demo ? I want to buy a server.

basisbit

Jan 22, 2021, 5:30:54 AM1/22/21
to BigBlueButton-Setup
As mentioned before, please read https://docs.bigbluebutton.org/2.2/install.html#minimum-server-requirements - it contains a couple of suggested server hosting companies.

Ali Raza

Jan 22, 2021, 5:50:25 AM1/22/21
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
I  can't see hosting company suggestions
can you please write me any suggestions in this email ? I will be very thankful to you

basisbit

Jan 22, 2021, 6:04:15 AM1/22/21
to BigBlueButton-Setup
2021-01-22 12_00_14-BigBlueButton _ Install.png

Ali Raza

Jan 22, 2021, 6:41:05 AM1/22/21
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com

Dear basisbit

Thank you very much for this information it means a lot to me love you

Ali Raza

Jan 25, 2021, 12:28:18 AM1/25/21
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I have got this message from my hosting server company

Hello,

I can see that the server meets the requirements:

- Ubuntu 16.04 64-bit OS running Linux kernel 4.x
&gt; you have Ubuntu 16.04.7 LTS (GNU/Linux 4.4.0-200-generic x86_64)
- 16 GB of memory with swap enabled
&gt; there is 32 GB of RAM on the server
- 8 CPU cores, with high single-thread performance
&gt; CPU(s): 12
- 500 GB of free disk space (or more) for recordings, or 50GB if session
recording is disabled on the server.
&gt; 480 GB hard drive
- TCP ports 80 and 443 are accessible
- UDP ports 16384 - 32768 are accessible
- 250 Mbits/sec bandwidth (symmetrical) or more
- TCP port 80 and 443 are *not* in use by another web application or
reverse proxy
- A hostname (such as bbb.example.com) for setup of a SSL certificate
- IPV4 and IPV6 address
- Dedicated (bare metal) hardware
&gt; all above done as well

If you have quality concerns, we recommend contacting their support team to ask when steps can be done to investigate this issue.
Let us know in case of any further questions.

Ali Raza

Feb 1, 2021, 5:58:03 AM2/1/21
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
my video gets paused after every few seconds and then I disconnect and reconnect the camera how to get rid of it ?