Startup errors

Harald Kastner

Feb 25, 2018, 5:03:32 AM2/25/18
to BigBlueButton-Setup
bbb-conf --clean
Restarting BigBlueButton 2.0.0-beta (and cleaning out all l
g files) ...
Stopping BigBlueButton
Failed to stop bbb-webrtc-sfu.service: Unit bbb-webrtc-sfu.
ervice not loaded.
Failed to stop kurento-media-server-6.0.service: Unit kuren
o-media-server-6.0.service not loaded.
... cleaning log files
Starting BigBlueButton
Failed to start bbb-webrtc-sfu.service: Unit bbb-webrtc-sfu
service not found.
Failed to start kurento-media-server-6.0.service: Unit kure
to-media-server-6.0.service not found.

** Potential problems described below **
# Warning: The client self check is installed and accessibl
from:
#
# https://thehub.integralepraxis.at/check
#

root@xxxx:/home/administrator#

Problems started immediately after latest update today. Cheers Harald

Fred Dixon

Feb 25, 2018, 9:30:29 PM2/25/18
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Herald,

Can you post the output of

  sudo bbb-conf --check

and

  dpkg -l | grep bbb

and

  sudo apt-get install -f

Regards,... Fred

BigBlueButton Developer
@bigbluebutton

Harald Kastner

Feb 26, 2018, 3:42:38 AM2/26/18
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Hi Fred,

here we go:

apt-get install -f:

Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.

bbb-conf --check:

BigBlueButton Server 2.0.0-beta (883)
Kernel version: 4.4.0-116-generic
Memory: 32896 MB

/var/www/bigbluebutton/client/conf/config.xml (bbb-client)
Port test (tunnel): rtmp://thehub.integralepraxis.at
red5: thehub.integralepraxis.at
useWebrtcIfAvailable: true

/opt/freeswitch/etc/freeswitch/sip_profiles/external.xml (FreeSWITCH)
websocket port: 7443
WebRTC enabled: true

/etc/nginx/sites-available/bigbluebutton (nginx)
server name: thehub.integralepraxis.at
port: 80, [::]:80
port: 443 ssl
bbb-client dir: /var/www/bigbluebutton

/var/lib/tomcat7/webapps/bigbluebutton/WEB-INF/classes/bigbluebutton.properties (bbb-web)
bbb-web host: thehub.integralepraxis.at

/var/www/bigbluebutton/check/conf/config.xml (client check)
client check: thehub.integralepraxis.at

/usr/share/red5/webapps/bigbluebutton/WEB-INF/red5-web.xml (red5)
voice conference: FreeSWITCH

/usr/local/bigbluebutton/core/scripts/bigbluebutton.yml (record and playback)
playback host: thehub.integralepraxis.at

** Potential problems described below **

# Warning: The client self check is installed and accessible from:

dpkg -l | grep bbb:

ii bbb-apps 1:2.0.0-42 amd64 BigBlueButton applications for Red5
ii bbb-apps-akka 2.0.0-128 all BigBlueButton Apps (Akka)
ii bbb-apps-screenshare 1:2.0.0-25 amd64 BigBlueButton screenshare module for Red5
ii bbb-apps-sip 1:2.0.0-6 amd64 BigBlueButton SIP module for Red5
ii bbb-apps-video 1:2.0.0-15 amd64 BigBlueButton video module for Red5
ii bbb-apps-video-broadcast 1:2.0.0-4 amd64 BigBlueButton video broadcast module for Red5
ii bbb-check 1:2.0.0-10 amd64 Client check package for BigBlueButton
ii bbb-client 1:2.0.0-276 amd64 BigBlueButton Flash client
ii bbb-config 1:2.0.0-38 amd64 BigBlueButton configuration utilities
ii bbb-freeswitch-core 2:1.6-44 amd64 BigBlueButton build of FreeSWITCH
ii bbb-freeswitch-sounds 1:1.6.7-9 amd64 FreeSWITCH Sounds
ii bbb-fsesl-akka 2.0.0-19 all BigBlueButton FS-ESL (Akka)
ii bbb-html5 1:2.0.0-114 amd64 The HTML5 components for BigBlueButton
ii bbb-mkclean 1:0.8.7-3 amd64 Clean and optimize Matroska and WebM files
ii bbb-playback-presentation 1:2.0.0-20 amd64 BigBluebutton playback of presentation
ii bbb-record-core 1:2.0.0-17 amd64 BigBlueButton record and playback
ii bbb-red5 1:1.0.8-33 amd64 The Red5 server for BigBlueButton
ii bbb-swftools 1:0.9.2-2 amd64 The swftools files for BigBlueButton
ii bbb-transcode-akka 2.0.0-4 all BigBlueButton Transcoder
ii bbb-web 1:2.0.0-68 amd64 BigBlueButton API
ii bigbluebutton 1:2.0.0-6 amd64 Open source web conferencing platform (bbb)

Harald Kastner

Feb 28, 2018, 7:50:39 AM2/28/18
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Still hoping for a solution.

bbb-conf --status
red5: active
tomcat7: active
nginx: active
freeswitch: active
redis-server.service: active
bbb-apps-akka: active
bbb-transcode-akka: active
bbb-fsesl-akka: active
mongod: active
bbb-html5: active
bbb-webrtc-sfu: inactive
kurento-media-server-6.0: inactive

I can install Kurento server manually but what is the intended way?

Fred Dixon

Feb 28, 2018, 8:04:57 AM2/28/18
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Can you try installing BigBuleButton + SSL + HTML5 with bbb-install.sh, see

which can automate the installation of the HTML5 client.  Let us know if that has the same issue.

Regards,... Fred

Message has been deleted

Harald Kastner

Feb 28, 2018, 10:08:18 AM2/28/18
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Hi Fred,
Did it on our test server but no change in behavior. (https://testhub.integralepraxis.at)

In the mean time I installed Kurento on both life and test system manually. Works fine starting and stopping with bbb. No issues.

bbb-conf --status
yes

red5: active
tomcat7: active
nginx: active
freeswitch: active
redis-server.service: active
bbb-apps-akka: active
bbb-transcode-akka: active
bbb-fsesl-akka: active
mongod: active
bbb-html5: active
bbb-webrtc-sfu: inactive

kurento-media-server-6.0: active

Fred Dixon

Feb 28, 2018, 10:18:26 PM2/28/18
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Harald,

What command did you use to install Kurento?

Regards,... Fred

On Wed, Feb 28, 2018 at 10:06 AM, Harald Kastner <harald.k...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Fred,

Did it on our test server but no change in behavior. (https://testhub.integralepraxis.at)

In the mean time I installed Kurento on both life and test system manually. Works fine starting and stopping with bbb. No issues.

bbb-conf --status
yes
red5: active
tomcat7: active
nginx: active
freeswitch: inactive

redis-server.service: active
bbb-apps-akka: active
bbb-transcode-akka: active
bbb-fsesl-akka: active
mongod: active
bbb-html5: active
bbb-webrtc-sfu: inactive
kurento-media-server-6.0: active

Harald Kastner

Mar 1, 2018, 3:23:23 AM3/1/18
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Hi Fred,

I did a manual install straight from their repo:

REPO="xenial" # KMS Release - Ubuntu 16.04 (Xenial)

echo "deb http://ubuntu.kurento.org $REPO kms6" | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/kurento.list

wget http://ubuntu.kurento.org/kurento.gpg.key -O - | sudo apt-key add -

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install kurento-media-server-6.0

I also installed bbb-webrtc-sfu from your repo manually and ended up with following status:

bbb-conf --status

red5: active
tomcat7: active
nginx: active

freeswitch: active

redis-server.service: active
bbb-apps-akka: active
bbb-transcode-akka: active
bbb-fsesl-akka: active
mongod: active
bbb-html5: active

bbb-webrtc-sfu: active
kurento-media-server-6.0: active

All works fine now but sip. Checking out https://testhub.integralepraxis.at/check/ gives you an idea. Now I have the same check report a guy has posted in this forum at "RTMP sip app: NetConnection.Connect.Failed: undefined".

Cheers Harald

Harald Kastner

Mar 1, 2018, 3:47:03 AM3/1/18
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Note: same at https://thehub.integralepraxis.at/check/

bbb-conf --check

BigBlueButton Server 2.0.0-beta (898)

Kernel version: 4.4.0-116-generic

it)
[...]

tions for Red5
ii bbb-apps-akka 2.0.0-128
all BigBlueButton Apps (

kka)
ii bbb-apps-screenshare 1:2.0.0-25
amd64 BigBlueButton screen

hare module for Red5
ii bbb-apps-sip 1:2.0.0-6
amd64 BigBlueButton SIP mo

ule for Red5
ii bbb-apps-video 1:2.0.0-15
amd64 BigBlueButton video

odule for Red5
ii bbb-apps-video-broadcast 1:2.0.0-4
amd64 BigBlueButton video

roadcast module for Red5
ii bbb-check 1:2.0.0-10
amd64 Client check package
for BigBlueButton
ii bbb-client 1:2.0.0-276
amd64 BigBlueButton Flash

[...]

igBlueButton
ii bbb-swftools 1:0.9.2-2
amd64 The swftools files f

r BigBlueButton
ii bbb-transcode-akka 2.0.0-4
all BigBlueButton Transc

der
ii bbb-web 1:2.0.0-68
amd64 BigBlueButton API

ii bbb-webrtc-sfu 1:2.0.0-15
amd64 BigBlueButton WebRTC
SFU

ii bigbluebutton 1:2.0.0-6
amd64 Open source web conf

rencing platform (bbb)

apt-get install -f
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done

Fred Dixon

Mar 1, 2018, 5:35:24 AM3/1/18
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

> In the mean time I installed Kurento on both life and test system manually. Works fine starting and stopping with bbb. No issues.

Hmmm.  You shouldn't need to do this.  The BigBlueButton project uses it's own packaged version of Kurento.

Can you post the output of

# dpkg -l | grep kurent

Her'es what it shows on one of our test servers

# dpkg -l | grep kurent
ii  kurento-media-server-6.0              6.7.0.xenial~20170813003033.1.6ebaa27     amd64        Kurento Media Server

Regards,... Fred

Harald Kastner

Mar 1, 2018, 5:48:45 AM3/1/18
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Hi Fred,

My version looks like

dpkg -l | grep kurento

ii kurento-media-server-6.0 6.7.0.xenial~20170813003033.1.6ebaa27 amd64
Kurento Media Server

Is there any customization done in your version? If so I can Uninstaller my version, delete the repo lists of Kurento and start over installing from your repo.

Cheers Harald

Btw: The check page results

Failed
RTMP sip app: NetConnection.Connect.Rejected:
RTMPT sip app: NetConnection.Connect.Failed: undefined

Warning
Browser: Chrome 59.0.3071.117

Succeded
Client Check Version: 429
Cookie Enabled: true
Download Speed: 1.239 Mbps (1.453 MB in 10 seconds)
Flash Version: 28.0.0.161
Is Pepper Flash: true
Language: en-us
Ping: 214.0 ms
RTMP deskshare app: NetConnection.Connect.Success
RTMP main app: NetConnection.Connect.Success
RTMPT deskshare app: NetConnection.Connect.Success
RTMPT main app: NetConnection.Connect.Success
RTMPT video app: NetConnection.Connect.Success
RTMP video app: NetConnection.Connect.Success
Screen Size: 640 x 360
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 7.0; EVA-L09 Build/HUAWEIEVA-L09; en-us) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/59.0.3071.117 Mobile Safari/537.36 Puffin/7.0.6.18027AP
WebRTC Echo Test: Success
WebRTC Socket Test: Connected
WebRTC Supported: true

Fred Dixon

Mar 1, 2018, 6:00:32 AM3/1/18
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Hi

> Is there any customization done in your version? If so I can Uninstaller my version, delete the repo lists of Kurento and start over installing from your repo.

It looks like you have the same version from our repository, so there is nothing to uninstall.

> RTMP sip app:           NetConnection.Connect.Rejected:
> RTMPT sip app:          NetConnection.Connect.Failed: undefined

Does your server have a single public IP address, or it behind a firewall with an internal/external IP address?

Can you check the values in

  /etc/bigbluebutton/nginx/sip.nginx

it's going to be one of

or

proxy_pass https://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:7443;

For whichever one, check the output of

 netstat -ant | grep 5066

or

  netstat -ant | grep 7443

and the resulting IP address should match that defined in sip.nginx.

Regards,... Fred

Harald Kastner

Mar 1, 2018, 7:22:51 AM3/1/18
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Hi Fred,

sip.nginx:

location /ws {
proxy_pass https://185.142.213.188:7443;
proxy_http_version 1.1;
proxy_set_header Upgrade $http_upgrade;
proxy_set_header Connection "Upgrade";
proxy_read_timeout 6h;
proxy_send_timeout 6h;
client_body_timeout 6h;
send_timeout 6h;
}

netstat -ant | grep 7443
tcp 0 0 185.142.213.188:7443 0.0.0.0:*
LISTEN

Perfect match it seems. Cheers Harald

Chad Pilkey

Mar 1, 2018, 9:18:29 AM3/1/18
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Don't worry about the sip app failing in /check. It hasn't been updated to match new properties that are required on connect. Also, the RTMP SIP is not the same as sip.nginx which is for WebRTC.

Chad Pilkey

Mar 1, 2018, 10:24:30 AM3/1/18
to BigBlueButton-Setup
I just pushed a fix for the SIP app check and once it's pushed to the public repo you should see it succeed again.

Harald Kastner

Mar 1, 2018, 4:31:22 PM3/1/18
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Thanks Chad,

I'll wait for the repo update 👍

Cheers Harald
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Harald Kastner

Mar 2, 2018, 12:15:57 PM3/2/18
to BigBlueButton-Setup
RTMP sip app:  NetConnection.Connect.Rejected: No scope 'screenshare' on this server.
RTMPT sip app:  NetConnection.Connect.Rejected: No scope 'screenshare' on this server.

That's new indeed!

Chad Pilkey

Mar 2, 2018, 3:16:33 PM3/2/18
to BigBlueButton-Setup
I don't think the public packages have been updated. Our demo server that's based on the public packages still shows the error https://demo.bigbluebutton.org/check/, but our internal staging server does not. It's a pretty low impact issue so a push to public might not be for a bit.

Fred Dixon

Mar 3, 2018, 12:27:45 AM3/3/18
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Harald,

The BigBlueButton HTML5 client is under active development.  Can you do a quick test against

and let us know your experience.  You can expect an update of the packaging shortly to enable you to install the same version as you see on test.

Regards,... Fred

Harald Kastner

Mar 3, 2018, 4:35:42 AM3/3/18
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Hi Fred,

Certainly I tested the HTML5-Client.

First of all it started flawless, selection of audio worked as expected. Starting video/camera worked showing the camera window but brought up two consecutive error messages "Error on sharing webcam". Loading up a new PDF-document seems to work but after finishing loading up everything was messed up. Only the camera window was still visible. No chance to reach any further control element or window. Pushing back in the browser and log in again lead me to the same start up experienced previously (including webcam error messages) but showed up my uploaded document instead of your standard one (small wonder the room was not shut down in the meantime). Browser: Google Chrome for Android 64.0.3282.137

Cheers Harald

Message has been deleted

Harald Kastner

Mar 3, 2018, 4:47:49 AM3/3/18
to BigBlueButton-Setup
All in all I am impressed how far you have come with the HTML5-client. Still not flawless I cannot use it for daily routine but with a client needing an urgent meeting I would introduce it anyway because problems if any seem to occur on moderator's side, client's side looks pretty stable.

Cheers Harald again

Btw: The camera video is not stoppable anymore after starting it, maybe something to do with the error messages?