Debugging Greenlight auth issue.

Richard Knight

Jul 27, 2017, 12:28:44 PM7/27/17
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Is there any way to up the logging to production.log? I'm trying to figure out why no matter which auth system I use (Google and LDAP currently), you get redirected back to the main page with a red 'Invalid login credentials'. I can see the auth going through the logs but both always return 'Started GET "/b/auth/failure?message=invalid_credentials' url's even after a successful login to google. I'm hoping there's a way to enable debug so I can find out WHERE it's failing.

Joshua Arts

Jul 27, 2017, 1:33:31 PM7/27/17
to BigBlueButton-Setup
This seems very odd.

The logs that you are receiving in production.log are the only logs GreenLight has. There have been some minor issues popping up with the LDAP authentication, but Google authentication should work fine.

When did you install GreenLight?

Are you using docker? If so did you pull bigbluebutton/greenlight or bigbluebutton/greenlight:master?

Did you build from the repo?

Are you sure your Google credentials are valid and setup correctly? Did you set the authorized redirect URI in the Google console?

Richard Knight

Jul 28, 2017, 8:03:41 AM7/28/17
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Just over the last few days as a kind of side project to try it out. I managed to get it working this morning the problem did end up being Google OAuth needed recreating, now I just gotta try sort out why LDAP doesn't work. You mentioned minor issues with LDAP, I'm currently trying to get mine to work against ActiveDirectory, but again the lack of logging kinda makes debugging a pain. Anything thats likley to make that fail? the details are defiantely right, tested them with ldapsearch.

On a side note you know of a way to disable the YouTube system, I can see it being handy but not something u should be forced to use.

Joshua Arts

Jul 28, 2017, 11:08:49 AM7/28/17
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Glad to head it!

There seems to be a few people having problems when using ActiveDirectory. I'll be looking into a solution soon.

Funny you mention the Youtube system because yesterday I began work on changing how it's structured (including a way to completely disable it). This should be out soon, possibly even later today!

Josh

Joshua Arts

Jul 28, 2017, 3:21:48 PM7/28/17
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Hey again Richard,

I just updated bigbluebutton/greenlight:latest to support disabling Youtube uploading.

If you set the ENABLE_YOUTUBE_UPLOADING variable in the env file to false (which it is now by default), GreenLight won't show the Youtube uploading button or prompt users to allow access to their Youtube accounts.

Josh

Richard Knight

Jul 28, 2017, 6:41:23 PM7/28/17
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Just updated all seems to be working fine, thanks for all the help! I'll keep an eye out for any LDAP updates and tinker with the setup a bit.
Message has been deleted