Restart or finish the record & replay workflow after a crash

Clément Gineste

Jun 27, 2024, 6:25:02 AM (6 days ago) Jun 27
to BigBlueButton-Setup
I'm looking for a procedure or documentation on this subject.

Background:
* BBB 2.7.x
* Simple architecture (no scalelite): standalone BBB server.
* Server stopped (sudden stop or real crash).
* Records in movements

With https://docs.bigbluebutton.org/development/recording/ we find the raw data (webcam, sound, screenshare) before they are moved to /var/bigbluebutton/recordings/raw.

What's next?
How do we make it production-ready, as we want a simple and robust retrieval process to handle unfinished recordings?

The goal is to manage a large number of sessions every day for hundreds of people.

Any advice is welcome ;)

++

Fred Dixon

Jun 27, 2024, 7:00:52 AM (6 days ago) Jun 27
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Clément,

Are you open to working with a commercial partner that is heavily involved in BigBlueButton development?

The partner could earn some revenue (to support development) and you can get direct help with your production deployment.

See

If you are interested, reach out to them directly.

Regards,... Fred

Co-founder BigBlueButton

Like BigBlueButton?  Tweet us at @bigbluebutton
Message has been deleted

Clément Gineste

Jun 27, 2024, 9:03:30 AM (6 days ago) Jun 27
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Record and Playback - Overview

According to this i guess i can touch a recorded.done and launch archive sequence. But because of the crash the external meeting for this session has not been generated. I guess meeting didn't end properly. Should i do something to end it properly or just touching the recorded.done will do the job ?

Fred Dixon

Jun 28, 2024, 6:21:19 AM (5 days ago) Jun 28
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
> But because of the crash the external meeting for this session has not been generated

If you're wondering what happens when the server crashes, you could try processing a long recording and, when it starts processing, reboot the server.

Did the recording pick up where it last left off?

Regards,... Fred

Clément Gineste

Jun 28, 2024, 11:10:39 AM (5 days ago) Jun 28
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Hello Fred,

We prefer first to gain some internal XP before moving, if necessary, to more complex archictecture like scalelite. At the moment we are not seeking commercial partner. It could be an option in the future though !
But we're open to participate in BBB v3 devolpment with some PR. Nothing done yet.

Regards,