Enable Palm Rejection option in v2.6

mr.gi...@gmail.com

Feb 24, 2023, 12:10:20 PM2/24/23
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Hi BBB support team
There was a useful option for palmRejection in settings.yml in previous version, but I can't find it in v2.6. Where gone is this? How can I enable it again?

mr.gi...@gmail.com

Mar 3, 2023, 4:10:57 PM3/3/23
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Up ///

anton.g...@blindsidenetworks.com

Mar 15, 2023, 8:56:42 AM3/15/23
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Hi!

In BBB 2.6 we have reimplemented the whiteboard entirely, this time utilizing the project Tldraw.

-Anton

mr.gi...@gmail.com

Mar 15, 2023, 9:00:33 AM3/15/23
to BigBlueButton-Setup
My students have problem with their pencils when writing on the whiteboard and their palm effect on the whiteboard! Is there any solution now? Or is it on development?!

Vasyl Ostrovskyi

Mar 15, 2023, 10:24:40 AM3/15/23
to BigBlueButton-Setup
I visited beta.tldraw.com and noticed that once I touch my tablet with a pen, the whiteboard automatically enters "Pen mode" which can be switched off by clicking the button in the left-top position. Is this the desired functionality? And when will be beta functions  to mainstream?

Regards,
 Vasyl

середа, 15 березня 2023 р. о 15:00:33 UTC+2 mr.gi...@gmail.com пише:

Fred Dixon

Mar 15, 2023, 5:40:32 PM3/15/23
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Vasyl,

> I visited beta.tldraw.com and noticed that once I touch my tablet with a pen, the whiteboard automatically enters "Pen mode" which can be switched off by clicking the button in the left-top position. Is this the desired functionality? And when will be beta functions  to mainstream?

Nice.  They are still building out beta.tldraw.com, so once they release it, we'll be looking into incorporating it into a subsequent version of BigBlueButton.

By choosing tldraw, we wanted to build upon their goal to create a world-class whiteboard, which helps us achieve our goal to create the world's most effective virtual classroom.

Regards,... Fred

Co-founder BigBlueButton

Like BigBlueButton?  Tweet us at @bigbluebutton

mr.gi...@gmail.com

Mar 16, 2023, 5:40:27 AM3/16/23
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Hi Fred
Thanks for your message
Yes, exactly. This board has this feature to use the pencil without any effect of palm on it. Please add it to the BigBlueButton next version.
Thanks a lot