Transfering recording from old scalelite to new

Ivica Matotek

Jun 26, 2024, 10:31:37 AM (3 days ago) Jun 26
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Hi!

We have changed the scalelite server and want to transfer recordings. I moved all the published/presentations from the old scalelite to the bbb server and ran scalelite_batch_import.sh and I get:

The recording transfer to the Scalelite begins
Recording transfer for *.completed on Scalelite
No published recording formats were found

Any idea how to transfer the recordings to the new scalelite?

Jean Pluzo

Jun 27, 2024, 7:07:28 AM (2 days ago) Jun 27
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Hi,

you're not giving much information regarding your setup, so I'll guess.
The recordings should be in /var/bigbluebutton/published/presentation in your SL server. Each recording has its own folder. You can pack (tar) each of these folders and transfer them to the new SL server with scp or rsync.
SL has a docker container which monitors the /var/bigbluebutton/spool folder every 60 seconds. If you put the tar files in said folder on the new SL server you should get you recordings back.

Regards,
J.