Installing BigBlueButton + Greenlight

Murendwa Ratshitimba

Jul 11, 2024, 2:38:21 AMJul 11
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Hi all,
I'm trying to install the BigBlueButton +  Greenlight V3 on ubuntu 22.04 running on a virtual Machine, How can I install it and what Options do use when executing the installation script.

Jean Pluzo

Jul 12, 2024, 3:11:08 AMJul 12
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Hi,

as always, the docs are your friend!
If you run into problems AFTER you have read the docs and tried to install BBB don't hesitate to ask the community.
Do have in mind that BBB 3 is still in alpha stage, so it's not (yet) recommended for production.

Regards,
J.

Murendwa Ratshitimba

Jul 12, 2024, 6:02:00 AMJul 12
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Thank Jean,

i followed the installation steps for version 2.7 got no problems under the line # Potential problems described below

and when I checked the services they're all working and when i accessed http://IP_ADDR/bigbluebutton/ i got the following page.

Screenshot from 2024-07-12 11-58-36.png

and when I ran http://IP_ADDR/b as per docs i got the following error.

Screenshot from 2024-07-12 12-00-54.png

What could I be missing? what steps can i take to resolve this issue?

Jean Pluzo

Jul 12, 2024, 10:29:42 AMJul 12
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Hi again,

BBB 2.7 seems to be installed and working. This is just the BBB server. You still need a frontend (Greenlight, Pilos, Moodle, etc) to start/stop your meetings.
Normally you would access Greenlight (GLv3) through the /b suffix but perhaps you didn't install GLv3? Or maybe the GLv3 docker container isn't running?
You could give more info about how you installed BBB so more people can help you e. g. the exact command with options you used to install BBB (bbb-install.sh).
Again, the docs are your friend!

Regards,
J.

Murendwa Ratshitimba

Jul 13, 2024, 8:07:28 AMJul 13
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Hi Jean, I used the following command for the installation

wget -qO- https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bigbluebutton/bbb-install/v3.0.x-release/bbb-install.sh  | bash -s -- -w -v jammy-300  -g

Wolfgang Pein

Jul 13, 2024, 8:25:52 AMJul 13
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Hi,
you should add the -s directive for the domain name. I think the domain name is required for the Let´s Encrypt certificate (unless you use your own certificate).
Regards
Wolfgang

Jean Pluzo

Jul 15, 2024, 7:00:48 AM (12 days ago) Jul 15
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Hi,

just like @Wolfgang mentioned, you still need to give the install script a few parameters.
See here for a complete list. Some of them are optional, some are mandatory.

Regards,
J.