Process to upgrade scalelite

mich...@gmail.com

Sep 2, 2021, 3:12:23 PM9/2/21
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Apologies if the answers to these questions are in the docs and I've missed it ...

What's the general process to upgrade scalelite? Is it simply editing /etc/default/scalelite, change the SCALELITE_TAG to the new version (eg: v1.1) and then restarting the docker containers?

Will I also need to run a db:migrate? If so, on which container? Scalelite-api?

eg: docker exec -it scalelite-api bin/rake db:migrate

We've got an older BBB v2.2 cluster running Scalelite v1 that I'd like to upgrade to BBB v2.3 ... I see mention of specific scalelite docker containers required for BBB 2.3 here: https://github.com/blindsidenetworks/scalelite/blob/master/docker-README.md ... so I presume I'll need to use "v1.1-bionic230-alpine" as the SCALELITE_TAG?

Thanks

Militades sunfire

Sep 3, 2021, 7:14:35 AM9/3/21
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com

jup, the documentation for scalelite is a bit sparse ...

i've set it to v1.1 and used the compose from https://github.com/ebbba-org/scalelite-run

depending on how exactly you pinned the version with SCALELITE_TAG you can do

docker-compose pull && docker-compose up -d --build && docker exec -t scalelite-api bundle exec rake db:migrate

from your folder with the docker-compose.yml