Disable or hide recording functionality

PD123

Apr 5, 2020, 6:40:37 PM4/5/20
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Hi,
I started installing BBB and greenlight and got all working, had some issues with rebooting servers, but seems to work now too.

I started doing some changes in config files and environment files.

There are 2 main things I like to hide or disable:
1) Recording functionality - since recoding of kids in school environment is a concern for privacy, I like to disable this functionality, so that we dont see the recording button on top, while a conference goes

2) Disable CC, this didnt work for me anyway and might cause confusions

Thanks
Peter

Chad Pilkey

Apr 7, 2020, 4:28:53 PM4/7/20
to BigBlueButton-Setup
To disable all recordings edit /usr/share/bbb-web/WEB-INF/classes/bigbluebutton.properties and change disableRecordingDefault to true.

I can't find a configuration property to hide the CC option.

Goodfred

Apr 5, 2022, 4:36:23 AM4/5/22
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Hello!

I've set disableRecordingDefault to true.
Then I made "bbb-conf --restart"
After there was no effekt (I still see the recording tab) I've restarted the docker image with a rebuild of the docker image, without effekt.
(I still see "Recordings of the room" on the bottom of the page when logged in)

I have two BigBlueButton servers at the moment. (one test machine and one produktive)
On the test machine I was able to go to the organisation settings -> room configuration -> "Aufnahme des Raumes erlauben"/"allow recording of the room" (here I was able to set it to deactivated)
With that - I don't see anymore the recording tab (on the bottom of the page when logged in)
But on the productive machine I don't have the option to set under the organisation settings -> room configuration -> the setting "Aufnahme des Raumes erlauben"/allow recording of the room to deactivated. The option is not there.

Can you tell me what I should do to deactivate recordings for this server?
I want that users which are logged in don't see the recording tab on the main page when logged in on the bottom of the page.

Thank you! :)
Goodfred

detlef K

Apr 5, 2022, 4:52:27 AM4/5/22
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Hi Goodfred,
could be that the cache is the problem?
Reload the page with "CTRL" and "F5"

Detlef

Goodfred

Apr 5, 2022, 6:55:29 AM4/5/22
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Hello Detlef,
unfortunately not. Its not the cache :(
Do you have other ideas?

Goodfred

Goodfred

Apr 12, 2022, 3:57:46 AM4/12/22
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Hello everyone!
Has someone an idea what I can do?
Thank you! :)

Goodfred

sd...@distancelearning.cloud

Apr 12, 2022, 5:34:24 AM4/12/22
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com

You can turn off recordings in bigbluebutton.properties server wide,  or pass record=false on new create calls.  Greenlight may also have ability to disable recordings. Not sure about that will defer to the greenlight gurus.

Regards,

Stephen

Goodfred

Apr 13, 2022, 5:24:18 AM4/13/22
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Hello!
Additional I've rebuilded the greenlight image - without success - when I set the value to "true" - I still see the recording option in the top menu and downside the recording "page" for "recordings of the room"
I hope you have another idea!
Thank you!
Goodfred

Goodfred

Apr 13, 2022, 5:31:00 AM4/13/22
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Hello again!

As I said: On one server I can go to "organisation" -> "room configuration" -> "enable recording of the room" -> set it to "deactivated"
On this server I have the effect that the "recordings of the room" "page" and the "recording" menu in the top is not visible anymore.
On the other server I don't have the option for "enable recording of the room" - that means I can't set it to deactivated.

Goodfred

detlef K

Apr 29, 2022, 2:27:28 AM4/29/22
to BigBlueButton-Setup
look here:
nano /usr/share/bbb-web/WEB-INF/classes/bigbluebutton.properties

search for...

# Disable recording by default.
#   true - don't record even if record param in the api call is set to record
#   false - when record param is passed from api, override this default
disableRecordingDefault=true

# Start recording when first user joins the meeting.
# For backward compatibility with 0.81 where whole meeting
# is recorded.
autoStartRecording=false

# Allow the user to start/stop recording.
allowStartStopRecording=false

now no buttons are displayed for recording.

I have not yet been able to hide all the links in Greenlight.
I'm also still looking for a way to change the website.
aufnahme.PNG