Moodle 4.0.3 + BBB 2.5.5: Students can import recording links?

Juan Casado

Aug 30, 2022, 1:37:39 PM8/30/22
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Hi,

I've just seen this problem, and I just wanted to report it, as I'm afraid it' might be a bug. But I just wanted to be sure, and would like other users to test it. Steps to reproduce it:
  • Login in moodle as a student.
  • Enter a BBB activity.
  • Verify that Import recording links appears...
Screenshot 2022-08-30 at 19-22-49 test.png

Tests taken:
  1. As admin, checked bigbluebutton permissions for students, auth users and auth users on front page (mod/bigbluebuttonbn:importrecordings). They were all adjusted as "not set". Forced all of them to prohibit. Logged again as student, and nothing changed: the import recording message still appears.
  2. On bigbluebutton settings, disabled that feature. Now it is off both for teachers and/or students... and the message no longer is shown for students. It does for teachers, but with a message telling that importing recordings is off.

PS: As a student, I haven't tried to import a link, as I haven't got any recording yet on these servers (tested with 2 different moodle sites). But I'm afraid it'll work and the recording link will show on the table.

Best,
Juan.