BBB plugin in Moodle 4.1

brainwhistler Whistler

Apr 5, 2024, 3:47:00 PMApr 5
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Hello,

I am working on to setup BBB servers behind ScaleLite. The recordings are transferred from BBB to ScaleLite server and from the Logs I can see they are being imported to SL.

SL version 1.5.
BBB version 2.7

I already had Moodle 4.1 running with separate Single BBB server and everything was okay. Recordings were being seen on Moodle.

To configure Moodle to start using new setup in SL I configure the BBB plugin to point to new SL url and secret. I launched the class and it was successfully able to land to one of the new BBB server in the cluster. I did record the session. However, after the meeting end I don't see the recording in the Moodle, although I see them being imported to SL.

Later I reverted the plugin to old BBB server, but I found that all the previous recordings are gone in Moodle, although they are in old BBB server.

I have two question:

1. What could be the cause that Moodle cannot show recording from SL setup ?
2. How can I fetch the recordings in Moodle from Old BBB 2.6 server, the cronjob is already running on Moodle every minutes.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

Anand Christudas

Apr 5, 2024, 8:45:56 PMApr 5
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Hi Whistler,

Did you try running the below command to change the recording URL to the Scalelite server URL, the below command needs to be run to successfully change the URL to a new server URL

sudo bbb-conf --setip scalelite.domain.com

Please let me know if you were able to solve it. And please help me install Scalelite I've been trying to install it using the lazy method for the last few days and I'm not able to make it work. Thanks a lot.

brainwhistler Whistler

Apr 7, 2024, 3:39:37 PMApr 7
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Hello,

Moodle was able to fetch the disappeared recordings from the single BBB server but took some time, maybe by design.

However, still looking for the root cause and fix Moodle is not able to fetch recordings from ScaleLite.

 - I am able to see the list of recordings using API-Mate in XML format
 - Able to play the recording by directly sending to SL playback.
 - Logged in to postgresql and on the 'scalelite' database, able to verify the tables have the recording metadata. like, metadata, playback_formats, recordings tables. But I don't see any data in the 'callback_data' table.

Can anyone assist me on this if any callback needs to be configured on SL or BBB servers to send recording ready messages to Moodle ?

@Anand, I am not able to get your suggestion by setting up "sudo bbb-conf --setip scalelite.domain.com". Please shed some light. Yes sure, I can help but I don't have a step by step guide. I used google on the errors I received to fix them. I can share some links I used if you want me to share them.

Thanks

brainwhistler Whistler

Anand Christudas

Apr 11, 2024, 5:23:53 AMApr 11
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Hi,

Finally, I was able to install Scalelite with no errors.

Initially, I had the same issue as you. I was using the documentation from that website. That guide is so old and it won't work especially the recording part you have to manually add rsync to it. Try it yourself and let me know if it works, if not I will post a full detailed installation guide soon. Maybe today or tomorrow.

Anand Christudas

Apr 24, 2024, 7:12:40 AMApr 24
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Hi,

I have posted the full Installation guide in detail in the below link. You can follow that and you will be able to install scalelite without any error.