ScaleLite + 2 BBB Servers - Some recordings are not processing/publishing

brainwhistler Whistler

May 14, 2024, 11:17:47 AMMay 14
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Hello,

I have a setup of a ScaleLite with 2 BBB Servers behind it. All three are sharing the same location with NFS.

My users have been complaining that they do not get the recordings after the class even after several hours. After investigation I found that randomly some recordings, approximately 10-20%, do not get processed/published. The I have to re-processed them using bbb-record --rebuild <meeting-id>.

Does anyone have idea on the root cause and how to fix it.

Thanks

brainwhistler Whistler

May 20, 2024, 2:48:37 PMMay 20
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Any idea, I have BBB 2.7.6 running behind SL 1.5.1.

brainwhistler Whistler

May 23, 2024, 2:29:44 AMMay 23
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Is there any log I can look into for possible issues ?

Thanks

Jean Pluzo

May 23, 2024, 4:40:01 AMMay 23
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Hi,

have you looked at the log files?
Also the log files inside the containers (scalelite-api)?
Perhaps you should upgrade to the latest versions (2.7.7, 1.5.2).
Using NFS is usually not the best way to go. When you run SL as a container(s) you get better results if you transfer the recordings from your BBB servers to SL using scp or rsync.

Regards,
J.

brainwhistler Whistler

Jun 20, 2024, 7:08:47 AM (9 days ago) Jun 20
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Thanks, I configured it to transfer recordings to SL using rsync. Now monitoring the results.