audio and video are not sync

Farzane Sadeghi

Jan 23, 2021, 1:07:11 AM1/23/21
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Hi every body
in playback some recorded  voice and video are not sync and video have delay
what should i do and how can solve it?

Fred Dixon

Jan 23, 2021, 3:47:47 PM1/23/21
to BigBlueButton-.
Because the audio and video for BigBlueButton go through different channels, there is a chance (depending on the network) that the capture of the packets are not synced.

It's something we want to improve in future versions.

Regards,... Fred

BigBlueButton Developer

Like BigBlueButton?  Tweet us at @bigbluebutton

basisbit

Jan 24, 2021, 6:57:42 AM1/24/21
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Audio and video being out of sync is usually caused by running BigBlueButton on certain virtual server environments, especially common on VMWare. To reduce the problem for future recordings, disable ntpd on the host and within the VMs, and then only sync the clocks manually using ntp (for example using a cron job) every night when no users are using your BBB server.
The reason is described at https://docs.bigbluebutton.org/2.2/install.html#minimum-server-requirements in the "Why do we recommend a bare metal server" paragraph.

Farzane Sadeghi

Jan 24, 2021, 6:59:25 AM1/24/21
to BigBlueButton-Setup
so thank

Fred Dixon

Jan 24, 2021, 7:23:13 AM1/24/21
to BigBlueButton-.
Thanks basisbit.  Do you have an example of the cron job?

Regards,... Fred

Stefan L.

Jan 24, 2021, 7:39:34 AM1/24/21
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, I don't - we only use dedicated hardware ourselves. However, Google should help.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "BigBlueButton-Setup" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/bigbluebutton-setup/CAOeuy5OcwXN166AfvwqfvRCXY5SNfS68eOawMqfCZRyskofMYQ%40mail.gmail.com.

Farzane Sadeghi

Jan 25, 2021, 6:11:07 AM1/25/21
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
You know just when playback recorded see that problem not when is live

Am N

Nov 22, 2021, 9:49:01 AM11/22/21
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Hi,
I have installed BBB 2.3.15 on dedicate server (HP ProLiant DL360 G7 with 1x Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5650 @ 2.67GHz and 16GB Ram and SAS hard drive) and audio and video of recordings are out of sync . In the meeting everything is ok but recordings have this problem.

root@ubuntu:~# timedatectl status
                      Local time: Mon 2021-11-22 09:47:34 EST
                  Universal time: Mon 2021-11-22 14:47:34 UTC
                        RTC time: Mon 2021-11-22 14:47:34
                       Time zone: America/New_York (EST, -0500)
       System clock synchronized: yes
systemd-timesyncd.service active: yes
                 RTC in local TZ: no

Your advice highly appreciated.
Amir

basisbit

Nov 22, 2021, 9:55:41 AM11/22/21
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Please start a new discussion for that instead of restarting a 10 months old one. Thanks.
Also, please specify if you are running BBB inside a virtual machine / vmware / kvm or similar. As first try, disable and stop the ntp service, restart bbb and see if that fixes / improves it for new meeting recordings.