Inactivity detection to close sessions

Julien Gribonvald

Sep 1, 2021, 6:42:17 AM9/1/21
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,

I'm not sure to understand very well wich options are for my use case.

We are facing to some users that quit a session by only closing their
browser tab of the meeting and not using logout or end meeting buttons.
So by default the conference continue to run even if nobody is on and a
user session seems to continue to be linked (from scalelite info
staus),so  I want to stop automatically such sessions.

I know that these options exists:

# Number of minutes to logout client if user
# isn't responsive
clientLogoutTimerInMinutes=0

# End meeting if no user joined within
# a period of time after meeting created.
meetingExpireIfNoUserJoinedInMinutes=5

# Number of minutes to end meeting when
# the last user left.
meetingExpireWhenLastUserLeftInMinutes=1

# User inactivity audit timer interval.
userInactivityInspectTimerInMinutes=0

# Number of minutes to consider a user inactive.
# iSend warning message to client to check if really inactive.
userInactivityThresholdInMinutes=30

# Number of minutes for user to respond to inactivity
# warning before being logged out.
userActivitySignResponseDelayInMinutes=5

My need isn't to ask to user if they want to disconnect is they aren't
active we don't want a such option. I just want to close sessions where
user disconnected by closing theire browser only.

Is the userInactivityInspectTimerInMinutes options good for that ?

I'm not sure with the clientLogoutTimerInMinutes option.

Thanks

--
Julien Gribonvald

Julien Gribonvald

Sep 1, 2021, 6:44:34 AM9/1/21
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
I forgot to provide my BBB version: 2.3.13.

Thanks

Julien Gribonvald

Julien Gribonvald

Sep 1, 2021, 11:05:38 AM9/1/21
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
I'm looking for explanations between options clientLogoutTimerInMinutes
and userInactivityInspectTimerInMinutes ?

Thanks

Julien Gribonvald

Filipe Oliveira

Oct 5, 2021, 1:01:41 PM10/5/21
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Hi

Did anyone find a solution for this? Im having the same issue in 2.3 with some users only closing their
browser tab of the meeting and not using logout or end meeting buttons.

What file and settings should I change? Thanks

Arun Kumar Bhat

Oct 6, 2021, 6:27:11 AM10/6/21
to BigBlueButton-Setup
configuration file location : /usr/share/bbb-web/WEB-INF/classes/bigbluebutton.properties

We use these parameters to end meeting automatically. This also works  when users close their browser tabs.

meetingExpireWhenLastUserLeftInMinutes=15
endWhenNoModerator=true
endWhenNoModeratorDelayInMinutes=15