migrate from version 0.90 to recent version

GiZAX

Mar 25, 2023, 8:30:54 AM3/25/23
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Hi,

I'm using bbb since 2016 but I haven't done any updates since 2017 I think, for fear of losing something, because everything was working correctly. I no longer use live conferences but the recordings are important to me. Today, the old bbb player system is too obsolete (no ios access, no safari access etc.), so I would like to reinstall the latest version of bbb on a clean server to take full advantage of its performance. But the raw files of my recordings are deleted (I have a lot of recordings). However, the files in the published/presentation folder are actually present.
My question is : is it possible to do this ? If I install the latest bbb on a new server, transfer the files from the published/presentation folder to the new server (like explained here : https://docs.bigbluebutton.org/administration/customize#transfer-published-recordings-from-another-server ), can these be viewed with the new playback system?

Thanks.

sd...@distancelearning.cloud

Mar 25, 2023, 9:23:10 AM3/25/23
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com

Would be easier to try and download version of the player from git, and try to run it on that server if you just want to play the recordings.  Don’t think the 2.3 player will play these and won’t get IOS support unless you create mp4 files, can only be done with new meetings.

/var/bigbluebutton/playback/presentation#

0.81  0.9.0  2.0  2.3

What version of your recordings do you have?

Regards,

Stephen,

GiZAX

Mar 26, 2023, 6:36:15 AM3/26/23
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Thanks,

I have 0.81 and 0.9.0 in the playback/presentation folder.

What must I install exactly ? bbb-playback ? If I install it, will this make any changes in my actual bbb-playback or will it install it in parallel?  Is it reversible?

Thank you again for your help.

Message has been deleted