Recording video quality

rayson...@gmail.com

Sep 11, 2021, 4:00:46 PM9/11/21
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Good Morning everyone,
Is it possible to improve the quality of the video in the finished recording? I am using 2.3 latest version.

Many thanks

The Pastor

Sep 22, 2021, 4:37:37 AM9/22/21
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
I have had several requests for better quality of the video in recordings, just wondering if anyone knows which settings I need to adjust. Please.

Dennis

Stephen Dame

Sep 22, 2021, 5:29:24 AM9/22/21
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
You can set your html5 client to default to higher resolution when user connects cam.

More bandwidth and little more cpu encoding on users PC and network. If they have good hardware and internet not issue.

Settings.yml has video profiles

Regards
Stephen

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G, an AT&T 5G smartphone

The Pastor

Sep 22, 2021, 5:44:27 AM9/22/21
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Stephen, however the video quality during the live rooms does not equate through to good quality video in the recordings.

sd...@distancelearning.cloud

Sep 22, 2021, 6:00:17 AM9/22/21
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com

Try selecting a high resolution when you select the camera, all users need to do this.

Then compare the recording

The Pastor

Sep 22, 2021, 6:06:53 AM9/22/21
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Yes we do that and the video quality during the live rooms is very good, however the quality of the video is very poor in recordings.

sd...@distancelearning.cloud

Sep 22, 2021, 7:08:36 AM9/22/21
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com

Can you give an example of very poor?

Screenshare has an issue with complex spreadsheets for example,  but video from cameras is generally good quality.

rayson...@gmail.com

Sep 22, 2021, 7:56:24 AM9/22/21
to BigBlueButton-Setup

Camera was set to high definition and is good in the room, the attached short video shows the poor video quality when the video is played full screen.
(Ps the server turns off 11.00pm Australian eastern time)

Dennis