mp4 resolution

Martin Thomas Schrott

Nov 25, 2020, 8:44:04 AM11/25/20
to BigBlueButton-.
Hi there,

we increased our high and hd profile to reflect hd ready and full hd
resolutions.

This works for live and the webm recording but as we enabled mp4 file
format there the resolution and quality is dropped.

so we tried to change the quality in:

/usr/local/bigbluebutton/core/lib/recordandplayback/generators/video.rb

but this did not seem to work.

The transcoding has some flags that include 640x480 resolution and as it
looks like, this is in a java file.

Any chance to tweak the transcoding settings to a better quality without
switching to development?

thanks!

Martin

sd...@distancelearning.cloud

Nov 25, 2020, 10:40:19 AM11/25/20
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Martin, do you know what java file exactly?

Regards,
Stephen

Martin Thomas Schrott

Nov 25, 2020, 11:32:44 AM11/25/20
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com, sd...@distancelearning.cloud
Hi Stephen,

I would have guessed there:

https://github.com/bigbluebutton/bigbluebutton/issues/5736

cheers

Martin

Paulo Lanzarin

Nov 25, 2020, 1:20:41 PM11/25/20
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Martin,

The java component you're referring to (akka-transcode) doesn't handle recording processing. It was used in the flash client to convert
live streams (ie WebRTC <-> RTMP) or rotate them.

The generator you linked (video.rb) is good for tuning other encoding parameters if you find the need to do so. Check the encoding
params in that file for the format you're using.

s,

prlanzarin

Martin Thomas Schrott

Nov 25, 2020, 2:35:36 PM11/25/20
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com, Paulo Lanzarin

Paulo, Stephen,

thanks a lot, we will have a look at the presentation config file :-)

cheers

Martin