BBB conference streaming to Youtube channel

Wolfgang Pein

Apr 29, 2022, 10:11:14 AM4/29/22
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Hi all,
I tried to implement streaming from BBB to a youtube channel but failed.
I did use the following app: https://github.com/manishkatyan/bbb-streaming
Everything looks fine in the beginning: a user named "live" is shown in the conference but no data is transferred to the Youtube channel. After a while user live is offline and finally  disappears.

I am pretty sure that all parameters  (especially Youtube URL and key) are fine because I tested streaming with OBS studio without any problems.
Also Wireshark does not show any RTMP record or IP/UDP-record for target "a.rtmp.youtube.com"

I wonder whether there is a problem in the app i.e. for whatever reason streaming to Youtube does not take place at all - but why?

Unfortunately there is no log or debug option. Also I am not  familiar with Docker.

Did you successfully use this app?

Any idea what may cause the problem?

Are there alternatives for streaming to Youtube?

Thanks

Wolfgang

Manoj Kumar

Apr 29, 2022, 10:23:52 AM4/29/22
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
For live streaming alternatively you can use OBS studio.

Disclaimer
In addition to generic Disclaimer which you have agreed on our website, any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the originator and do not necessarily represent those of the Company or its sister concerns. Any liability (in negligence, contract or otherwise) arising from any third party taking any action, or refraining from taking any action on the basis of any of the information contained in this email is hereby excluded.

Confidentiality
This communication (including any attachment/s) is intended only for the use of the addressee(s) and contains information that is PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL. Unauthorized reading, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is prohibited. Please inform originator if you have received it in error.

Caution for viruses, malware etc.
This communication, including any attachments, may not be free of viruses, trojans, similar or new contaminants/malware, interceptions or interference, and may not be compatible with your systems. You shall carry out virus/malware scanning on your own before opening any attachment to this e-mail. The sender of this e-mail and Company including its sister concerns shall not be liable for any damage that may incur to you as a result of viruses, incompleteness of this message, a delay in receipt of this message or any other computer problems.

Wolfgang Pein

Apr 30, 2022, 7:10:14 AM4/30/22
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Thanks! Using OBS studio would mean to provide a dedicated PC which would connect to the BBB conference and stream this PC BBB session to Youtube - right?
Or should I run OBS directly on the BBB Ubuntu server?
According to the documentation OBS does offer an API so streaming to Youtube could be don/managed programmatically - which is good!
Not sure about performance - I will give it a try!!

Manoj Kumar

Apr 30, 2022, 7:53:55 AM4/30/22
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Using api would be better

manish katyan

May 3, 2022, 3:10:41 PM5/3/22
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Which BBB version are you using? Any log that you can share?

Feel free to raise an issue in the github repo and we would look into it: https://github.com/manishkatyan/bbb-streaming/issues

- Manish

Wolfgang Pein

May 4, 2022, 5:33:27 AM5/4/22
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Hi Manish,
as you suggested I raised an issue on Github.

For testing bbb-streaming I used a BBB instance on MS Azure which is version 2.4-rc-5.
I also used a private version on latest V2.4.6 - same result.

Which log do you mean? Does bbb-streaming provide a log of its own? How to access it?

Thanks Wolfgang

Wolfgang Pein

May 6, 2022, 7:35:31 AM5/6/22
to BigBlueButton-Setup
With the recent changes to bbb-streaming (BBB V2.4) the script/app now work as expected - thank you so much!
Wolfgang