BBB Set up for meetings with users across the globe

Viana Kalversberg

Jun 13, 2024, 7:58:19 AMJun 13
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Hi BBB-Community,

I set up an BBB server that is used by online tutors (primarely UK) who teach students primarely from asia.
We are facing some performance/ latency issues for the users that are physically far away from the BBB server. Especially connecting to audio (sometimes the users can not at all connect to audio) and uploading/downloading the slides.
I have two servers one located in London and the other in Hong Kong, but either it is slow for the tutor or it is slow for the students.
Are there any ways the latency/performance issues can be improved by using set up that is optimized for global usage?

We actually migrated away from Jitsi where a federation of the nodes were possible so that users could join the meeting using the nearest located server. I'm a bit concerned we can serve a global user base with our current BBB set up.

I would appreciate any kind of ideas.

Best,
Viana

Jean Pluzo

Jun 27, 2024, 6:56:00 AM (2 days ago) Jun 27
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Hi,

a stun/turn server would help.

Regards,
J.

Viana Kalversberg

Jun 28, 2024, 9:00:36 AM (yesterday) Jun 28
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Hi Jean,

thanks for your suggestion - will try that!

Best,
Viana