BBB 2.3 Doesn't load the default presentation

thom.w...@gmail.com

Jun 7, 2021, 8:03:48 PM6/7/21
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Searched around and couldn't find anyone reporting this, so wanted to bring it up here to see what it generates:

We've got a Scalelite group of BigBlueButton 2.3 nodes. We just migrated all the nodes to 2.3 -- they are working very well. The audio and video quality seems to have improved and the new interface for connecting audio is much smoother and more streamlined. Thanks to BSN for the great product. Scalelite also balances the load perfectly. We're also getting all our post-published recordings passed back to the Scalelite properly.

We do have one issue that is a little troubling.

The default presentation will not appear in any rooms we launch since the upgrade. Our Moodle sites each have their own custom PDF to load as the default in each room -- these are set in the Moodle Plugin configuration.

I've confirmed the default presentation exists on each BBB node. (searched using "https://[mybbbhostname]/default.pdf" and we get the presentation appearing in the browser.

Some of our BBB instances also have their own custom PDF to load when the meeting starts. These are also not appearing.

Hoping to get a few ideas on how to troubleshoot this further. I will also share the solutions we find in this thread for others to search.

zohan

Sep 7, 2021, 4:43:09 PM9/7/21
to BigBlueButton-Setup
hello, where you able resolve the issue, i also have the same symptoms, i was able to view the default presentation manually
but its not being loaded during the meeting.

Thanks..

thom.w...@gmail.com

Sep 7, 2021, 10:04:00 PM9/7/21
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Thanks for the message. I believe one of the things we did was to opt to remove the IBM version of JDK and to install OpenJDK instead. The IBM version had an issue with https which caused the problem. You could try that.

oussama ach

Sep 13, 2021, 10:54:32 AM9/13/21
to BigBlueButton-Setup
I have the same problem displaying the presentation on my browser. when I type  "https://[mybbbhostname]/default.pdf"  the presentation appearing in the browser. and for your answer I use Openjdk but it doesn't change anything

oussama ach

Sep 13, 2021, 10:58:37 AM9/13/21
to BigBlueButton-Setup

there is no display of the presentation on my browser
  Can you help resolve the issues?