scalelite letencrypt certificate renewal

Dimitrios Michail

Nov 2, 2020, 7:47:34 AM11/2/20
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Hi,

I have setup a couple of BBB servers together with the scalelite load balancer and everything seems to work fine.

I am, however, having trouble renewing the letencrypt certificate.  I used the following settings inside the `/etc/default/scalelite`:

```
NGINX_SSL=true
SCALELITE_NGINX_EXTRA_OPTS=--mount type=bind,source=/etc/letsencrypt,target=/etc/nginx/ssl,readonly
```

which mounts the /etc/letsencrypt folder inside the docker container. Any ideas how to use certbot in order to renew the certificate? My problem is that nginx runs inside a docker container and certbot running on the host has no idea about that.

Regards,
Dimitrios

TeachReo

Jan 24, 2021, 10:09:51 AM1/24/21
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Hello,
you can do like this :
sudo systemctl stop scalelite-nginx.service
sudo certbot renew --standalone --preferred-challenges http
sudo systemctl start scalelite-nginx.service

Regards
Fabrice

Dimitrios Michail

Jan 24, 2021, 10:28:15 AM1/24/21
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Fabrice,

thank you for your reply.

This is exactly how I currently do it, but I was hoping for a solution without downtime, which could also be triggered by letsencrypt as a post renewal job.

Best,
Dimitrios

Mohamed Ali Ahmed

Jan 24, 2021, 11:02:04 AM1/24/21
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Hello Dimitrios,

I would love it if someone can provide a way to automate the renewal of letsencrypt certs in scalelite-nginx container.

Mohamed Ali Ahmed (Bile)
Head of Systems
Somali Research & Education Network (SomaliREN)
+252 615 567671
Skype: bilesuper

mnk

Apr 25, 2023, 2:39:45 AM4/25/23
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com, TeachReo
Hi guys,

Our ssl cert on our scalelite server has expired and thus our BBB set up is not working!

I have tried to use the below commands to renew but I’m getting the following issues:

root@:~# sudo systemctl stop scalelite-nginx.service
Failed to stop scalelite-nginx.service: Unit scalelite-nginx.service not loaded.
root@:~# sudo certbot renew --standalone --preferred-challenges http
sudo: certbot: command not found
root@:~#
root@:~# sudo systemctl start scalelite-nginx.service
Failed to start scalelite-nginx.service: Unit scalelite-nginx.service not found.

Any idea what I am doing wrong please?

Thanks and regards

Jean Pluzo

Apr 25, 2023, 3:33:07 AM4/25/23