Error during upgrade from BBB V2.5 to 2.6 with Greenlight option

glu

Mar 30, 2023, 4:36:42 PM3/30/23
to BigBlueButton-Setup
When upgrading from BBB 2.5 to 2.6 using this command

wget -qO- https://ubuntu.bigbluebutton.org/bbb-install-2.6.sh | bash -s -- -v focal-260 -s xxxx.at -e xxx@xxx -w -g

everything works fine except Greenlight. The following error message apperas:

ERROR: Top level object in '/root/greenlight-v3/docker-compose.yml' needs to be an object not '<class 'NoneType'>'.

The file /root/greenlight-v3/docker-compose.yml exists but is empty

Any ideas?

Fred Dixon

Mar 31, 2023, 8:26:03 AM3/31/23
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Just tested the installation of 2.6 on a new server and it worked on our end.  Did you get any errors in the install process?

What do you see when you run `docker ps`?

Regards,.. Fred

Co-founder BigBlueButton

Like BigBlueButton?  Tweet us at @bigbluebutton

glu

Mar 31, 2023, 8:37:57 AM3/31/23
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Hi Fred,

here is the output from docker ps. I did not see any other error messages except the error message mentioned above

Bildschirm­foto 2023-03-31 um 14.36.27.png

glu

Apr 2, 2023, 6:33:32 PM4/2/23
to BigBlueButton-Setup
I found a way to fix this problem. Just removed the directory greenlight-v3 and re-installed with the setup script and everything worked fine. The setup-script checks, if the docker-compose file exists. In my case I had an empty file (probably because of an earlier installation which failed) and therefore the docker-compose file was not generated

Fred Dixon

Apr 2, 2023, 9:03:42 PM4/2/23
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Glu,

Thanks for sharing how you got this working.

> The setup-script checks, if the docker-compose file exists. In my case I had an empty file (probably because of an earlier installation which failed) and therefore the docker-compose file was not generated

We can modify the bbb-install-2.6.sh script so it also checks that the file is non-empty.

Regards,... Fred