Public chat lock

phill....@gmail.com

Nov 24, 2020, 5:46:40 AM11/24/20
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Hi,

Can anyone tell me if the public chat is meant to lock for viewers if the moderator drops out of the session? I swear it worked like this for me when I first set it up but now it doesn't seem to do it.

Cheers
Phill

Paulo Lanzarin

Nov 24, 2020, 3:09:08 PM11/24/20
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Don't think so. Lock settings are usually the result of deliberate moderator action or preconfigured userdata.
Don't remember any sort of hook that would activate a lock setting when a moderator drops out of a session.

s,

prlanzarin

Martin Thomas Schrott

Nov 24, 2020, 4:23:23 PM11/24/20
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com, Paulo Lanzarin

I guess the moderator was kicked out because of nodejs crashing and the chat crashed at the same time ...

cheers

Martin

phill....@gmail.com

Dec 1, 2020, 11:05:43 AM12/1/20
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Thanks tor the replies. We're going to implement it ourselves.

Lesther Manrique Garcia

Jan 22, 2021, 3:24:17 PM1/22/21
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Hi!
I have a question.

I want to hide open chat in the room like this github:  https://github.com/bigbluebutton/bigbluebutton/issues/7406

the problem is that I can't find where to edit this: "userdata-bbb_show_chat_on_login"

In the BBB API it says what I should change (from true to false) but it does not say where it is installed on the server. Could someone help me with a direct path to edit by SHELL? Thank you.