Error: We couldn't enable your microphone on joining room

arunk...@gmail.com

Jul 24, 2024, 12:41:05 PM (3 days ago) Jul 24
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Hi,
We are running the latest BBB server 2.7.9 and I ran an update on the server because we were having issues making recordings. But now when we join the room, we get the following error:

There was an issue with your audio devices
We couldn't enable your microphone
Review your browser and system settings. Restart your browser and try again.
Error code: 0 - The operation is insecure.

When I run $ sudo bbb-conf --check on the server I get the status and the following in the last section on potential problems:
# Potential problems described below

# Warning: You have this server defined for https, but in
#
#   /usr/share/bigbluebutton/nginx/sip.nginx
#
#  did not find the use of https in definition for proxy_pass
#
#            proxy_pass http://xx.xx.xx.xx:5066;
#

# Warning: You have this server defined for https, but in
#
#   /usr/share/bigbluebutton/nginx/sip.nginx
#
#  did not find the use of port 7443 in definition for proxy_pass
#
#            proxy_pass http://xx.xx.xx.xx:5066;
#

The xx.xx.xx.xx is the external IP of the server. This setup was working before and I haven't made any changes to the configuration. Is there a problem with the configuration? Does it need to be changed?

thanks,
arun

Jean Pluzo

Jul 25, 2024, 4:04:45 AM (2 days ago) Jul 25
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Hi,

this has happened to me sometimes after an update.
You need to edit the sip.nginx file mentioned above and substitute the 5066 port with the 7443 one and also add an 's' after http. The line needs to look like
After that restart BBB and it should be working again.

Regards,
J.

arunk...@gmail.com

Jul 26, 2024, 1:01:25 PM (22 hours ago) Jul 26
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Hi Jean,
thanks for your reply. i tried setting the value to https and port 7443. that took care of the problem when running $ sudo bbb-conf --check
but even after restarting the server, and checking to make sure that the https and 7443 port were still there in the sip.nginx conf file, i still got the exact same error.
any other ideas?

arun