Testing self hosted server on http (without ssl)

Andrew Brady

May 4, 2022, 9:51:53 AM5/4/22
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Hi All

I am currently running an installation on a private server, with not internet access.

Following the installation documentation it is asking me to set up SSL etc however I would like to know if its possible to set it up just to work on HTTP so we can test the functionality given that its already in a safe environment

Any help on this is greatly appreciated

Cheers

Raxit Sheth

May 4, 2022, 9:58:35 AM5/4/22
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Have you tried generating ssl from different host & importing to your server?

Afaik, ssl is mostly nginx configurations

Militades Sunfire

May 4, 2022, 10:41:10 AM5/4/22
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

you need TLS, otherwise the browsers aren't willing to share audio/video etc.
you can however not use LE and put your own certificates in place so installation offline is possible

Andrew Wells

May 4, 2022, 11:28:49 AM5/4/22
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
I would strongly suggest HTTPS..you will have never ending issues otherwise. If it is behind NAT you can forward ports but certainly adds another level of complexity.

Sent from Nine