update Greenlight. release-2.12.1

tourism academy

May 24, 2024, 6:29:43 PMMay 24
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Bonjour

je souhaiterais mettre à jour ma version de Greenlight 2.12.1
vers Greenlight v2.14.8.4
car actuellement c'est impossible de transférer mon ancienne version vers Greenlight 3
les roles, users ...

pourriez vous me donner le script que je dois lancer
merci beaucoup

Jean Pluzo

May 27, 2024, 2:46:42 AMMay 27
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Hi,

even though there are some of us who speak french, it is better to post in english to help other members of the community in the future.
You do not need "a script" to upgrade a GLv2 version to another GLv2 version.
Edit your docker-compose.yml file and find the line where it says image: bigbluebutton/greenlight:v2.12.1. Then change the last part to v.2.14.8.4. Afterwards do a docker compose down and when that's finished do docker compose up -d.
Warning: make sure you have the database on your disk or on another container and not inside the greenlight container since the command docker compose down will destroy the current running GLv2 container and create a new one.
Also, it could be necessary to update the database with something like rake upgrade:database but I can't remember. For a list of possible rake commands type docker exec -it greenlight-v2 bundle exec rake --tasks.

Regards,
J.