Database Migration between 2 Greenlight v3 BBB servers

Anand Christudas

Apr 17, 2024, 5:23:55 PMApr 17
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Hi Everyone,

I was searching everywhere regarding the migration of the database from Greenlight of one particular server to Greenlight of another server both servers are running Greenlight v3.

I could find a guide to migrate from v2 to v3 here: https://docs.bigbluebutton.org/greenlight/v3/migration/ But that isn't working when it's between v3 to v3

Can someone please help me with this? Thanks a lot.

Anand Christudas

Apr 19, 2024, 2:59:21 PMApr 19
to BigBlueButton-Setup
It took me some time but figured it out myself

Greenlight database transfer steps

Transfer all the recordings from the old server to the new server

Now tar gz or zip the entire Greenlight folder located at /greenlight-v3 and move it to the new server after deleting the old Greenlight folder inside the new server.

docker-compose down

Now move inside the greenlight folder that you transferred from the old server to the new

cd /greenlight-v3

nano .env

change the below inside .env to that of your new server

BIGBLUEBUTTON_ENDPOINT=

BIGBLUEBUTTON_SECRET=

docker-compose pull

docker-compose up -d

Now run

sudo docker exec -it greenlight-v3 bundle exec rake server_recordings_sync