Trying to solve recording issue

Yacine FETOUH

Jan 11, 2024, 12:07:29 PMJan 11
to bigbluebutton-greenlight
Hello all,

I'm encountering a problem with my BBB/Greenlight/Scalelite deployment. The setup is straightforward: I have one server for BBB, another for Scalelite, and a third for Greenlight, installed in standalone mode. Greenlight is configured to point to Scalelite, and I can access the interface successfully. I'm able to start a meeting, and both audio and webcam work flawlessly.

However, I'm facing an issue with the recording feature. When I initiate a recording, it never seems to appear after the 'processing' stage. Upon checking the logs, I found the following

please see attached png for logs

Thank you :)

bigbluebutton_greenlightv3_logs.JPG
BBB_post_publish_logs.JPG

Yacine FETOUH

Jan 11, 2024, 12:12:39 PMJan 11
to bigbluebutton-greenlight

Jean Pluzo

Jan 12, 2024, 4:27:48 AMJan 12
to bigbluebutton-greenlight
Hi,

Are you sure the recordings are getting processed?
Have you seen the recording's different files (.webm/.mp4, .pdf, etc) located in /var/bigbluebutton/published/presentation/<meeting_id_of_recording>?
It could be that the system units are not started or that they have to be restarted.
Try issuing journalctl -f -u bbb-rap-resque-worker.service right after finishing a meeting where you recorded. This should give you more information about the processing of said recording, and perhaps more information about your system units and what's going on in your server.

Regards,
J.