How to change favicon?

Matthias

Sep 6, 2023, 3:50:53 AM9/6/23
to bigbluebutton-greenlight

Hello,

how can i change the favicon of my bbb/greenlight installation?

Following https://docs.bigbluebutton.org/administration/customize/ does not work. After restarting docker, I can see the changed and correct favicon for a few seconds, before nginx loads the website. As soon as the "nginx 502 Bad Gateway" goes away and the site loads, the new favicon is changed to the old BBB one.

Γιώργος Μαθιουδάκης

Sep 6, 2023, 10:45:24 AM9/6/23
to bigbluebutton-greenlight

Sep 12, 2023, 6:07:40 AM9/12/23
to bigbluebutton-greenlight
I think my previous response was only private.

I've tried that method as well. Put the .ico in  /var/www/bigbluebutton-default/assets/. Even with incognito tab/cleared cache/second browser, it still only shows the BBB favicon

Sep 12, 2023, 6:09:41 AM9/12/23
to bigbluebutton-greenlight
I've also forgot to mention, that I dont have greenlight v3 installed:  Powered by Greenlight. release-2.14.0

Sep 18, 2023, 4:23:46 AM9/18/23
to bigbluebutton-greenlight
Any other ideas?

Sep 25, 2023, 4:40:58 AM9/25/23
to bigbluebutton-greenlight
bump

Andreas Klein

Sep 25, 2023, 12:14:35 PM9/25/23
to bigbluebutton-greenlight
I described the procedure sometime ago and updated the wiki in June, but looks my wiki addition never made it online. No clue why one should put updates there if that is not used.

https://github.com/bigbluebutton/bigbluebutton/pull/17768

I could only achieve it using nginx.

I added favicon.nginx to

/etc/bigbluebutton/nginx

with content

location = /favicon.ico {
    alias /var/www/bigbluebutton-default/site/favicon.ico;
}

and put my desired favicon.ico to the above location. After restarting nginx, all pages (Greenlight v3 and BBB) use the same correct favicon.

Jean Pluzo

Sep 26, 2023, 7:01:09 AM9/26/23
to bigbluebutton-greenlight
Hi,

your solution seems like a nice workaround. Perhaps you should contact the developers/ask them again to include your changes.

Regards,
J.