Static Pin Greenlight github-fork

Michael Kuhlmann

Jan 18, 2024, 1:44:26 PMJan 18
to bigbluebutton-greenlight
Hi to the list,
meanwhile I found an interesting github-fork, https://github.com/SebastianAppDev/greenlight, introducing the static-pin-functionality in greenlight. I would like to give it a try, and from my understanding of docker, I would have to clone the repository, edit my original docker-compose.yml that provides the running  original greenlight, mount  the repository into the container and restart greenlight. Could you please give me a useful tipp, what exactly  of the forked repository has to be mounted, because I don't know, which files where changed in comparison to the main repository?
Thanks again and best.

Michael

Jean Pluzo

Feb 15, 2024, 3:05:15 AMFeb 15
to bigbluebutton-greenlight
Hi,

the static-pin you're talking about has nothing to do with GL. I may be wrong, but this GL fork may not be what you're looking for.
OTOH, by the way you're describing the process, it seems to me you need to understand docker better. I'd start by reading the docker docs and setting up a test server where you can configure docker to your liking.

Regards,
J.

Michael Kuhlmann

Feb 24, 2024, 12:31:01 PMFeb 24
to bigbluebutton-greenlight
Hi Juan,

thanks a lot. Meanwhile I managed to install the GL-Fork and it works perfectly. I created some rooms, each of them has its static pin. Exactly what I wanted to acomplish, for the room-management including dial-in-Pins is managed by GL. Hopefully the fork will soon be merged into the main repository.

Best regards.

Michael