bbb installation on server with ssl certificate

COSICAS INFORMATICAS

Jan 5, 2024, 10:56:32 AMJan 5
to bigbluebutton-greenlight
Hello, I'm launching the bbb-install.sh to install a clean instance. This server already has a certificate from a CA. I launch the installation with sudo wget -qO- https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bigbluebutton/bbb-install/v2.7.x-release/bbb-install.sh | sudo bash -s -- -w -v focal-270 -s mysite.es -g -w -j.
The installation finishes correctly but Potential problems described below: "Error: Could not connect to the configured hostname/IP address" .
Nginx is misconfigured without any proxy-pass and I have no access to anything. When I configure ssl in nginx with the certificate I cannot access https://mysite.es, but http://mysite.es works.
I'm sure there is a way to launch bbb-install.sh to get nginx configured properly that I haven't found.
Thanks for everything

COSICAS INFORMATICAS

Jan 7, 2024, 6:39:31 AMJan 7
to bigbluebutton-greenlight
I am still thinking about it. I'm convinced that the problem is either the nginx configuration or the greenlight configuration. I have searched all the configuration files and changed http to https. But it's still the same.
My current situation is that http://mysite.es works fine: I can create users, create rooms, start them, record them, play the recordings. When I enter a room it jumps from http://mysite.es/rooms to https://mysite.es/rooms/html5client/join?sessionToken=x and works correctly. On the other hand, the link it provides to participate is http, the https link does not work.

captureHttp.pngcaptureHttps.pnglink.png

Jean Pluzo

Jan 8, 2024, 2:57:12 AMJan 8
to bigbluebutton-greenlight
Hola,

even though you used the -j switch for the install script, I don't see you using the -d switch.
Since your server already has a valid cert, and according to this line, you should reinstall with the -d switch.
Don't forget to put your cert file and private key file in the /local/certs/ directory.

Regards,
J.

COSICAS INFORMATICAS

Jan 9, 2024, 1:51:53 PMJan 9
to bigbluebutton-greenlight
I managed to solve it with a clean install and the command

wget -qO- https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bigbluebutton/bbb-install/v2.7.x-release/bbb-install.sh | sudo bash -s -- -w -v focal-270 -d -s mysite.es -g

. You have to leave the certificates in /local/certs with exactly the following names and launch the installer with the above command. If it doesn't work the first time, try restarting the server.

  • /local/certs/privkey.pem

  • /local/certs/fullchain.pem

Thank you very much for your help.