BigBlueButton 2.3-alpha5 released

Anton Georgiev

Jan 29, 2021, 7:33:29 PM1/29/21
to BigBlueButton-dev
We are pleased to announce 2.3-alpha5, the latest release to BigBluebutton 2.3-dev.

This release of BigBlueButton 2.3 includes multiple bug fixes and several enhancements.
Note that this release also includes multiple pull requests from branch 2.2.x-release which have not yet been released (2.2.32 is in progress) They are listed in their own section at the very bottom of the release notes.

The full release notes for 2.3-alpha5 are here

To try out 2.3-alpha5, visit

Or, better yet, grab a Ubuntu 18.04 64-bit server and install the latest version yourself (it will take only a few minutes):

As always, we welcome feedback on this latest update.
Anton

Vis

Jan 30, 2021, 8:48:31 AM1/30/21
to BigBlueButton-dev
Thanks Anton and your team for the update.
The added features are excellent but sorry to report 'fit to width' feature is still not working. It works with the default loading page but not with the uploaded presentations.
I've tested both on my server and your test site.

Thanks
Vis

Fred Dixon

Jan 30, 2021, 10:24:00 AM1/30/21
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi Vis,

Yes, the fit-to-width still needs some love and we'll be working on fixing that for a subsequent release.

Regards,... Fred

BigBlueButton Developer

Like BigBlueButton?  Tweet us at @bigbluebutton

Jaime Shapiro

Jan 31, 2021, 2:05:06 PM1/31/21
to BigBlueButton-dev

Works very good for me.

I noticed that attendees can't change their status on iOS.

They can't raise hand or other status.

Fred Dixon

Jan 31, 2021, 8:52:28 PM1/31/21
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi Jamie,

> I noticed that attendees can't change their status on iOS.
> They can't raise hand or other status.

Can you test this on

and let us know if you can reproduce this issue there with an iOS device.  If so, let us know what device you are running and version of iOS and we'll try and reproduce it here.

Regards,.. Fred

Jaime Shapiro

Jan 31, 2021, 11:28:08 PM1/31/21
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Tested and got the same result.

Status could not be change on iOS 14.4 on iPhone and iPad.

Ali Alhaidary

Feb 1, 2021, 12:20:21 AM2/1/21
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Confirmed here as well that In landscape both full screen and mic does not work on iPhone SE.

Ali

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 1, 2021, at 7:28 AM, Jaime Shapiro <jaime....@gmail.com> wrote:

Tested and got the same result.

JA K

Feb 1, 2021, 3:34:44 AM2/1/21
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi Fred,

I can confirm that it is not possible to set status on iPad 8 14.3 and iPad 6 14.4,
but it works on iPhone 5s 12.4.9, iPhone 6s 13.5.1 and iPhone 8 14.3.

Kindest regards from Germany,

John Alistair

Jean-Yves LEBLEU

Feb 2, 2021, 4:01:28 PM2/2/21
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi all,
Did upgrade our server from 2-3-alpha-4 to 2-3-alpha-5.
So far so good seems to work.
Rgds.
Jean-Yves

Tam Hoang

Feb 5, 2021, 10:19:40 PM2/5/21
to BigBlueButton-dev
I installed alpha5 to a new server. Things work fine for the production version but in DEV environment I have ERROR: clientLogger: Audio error - errorCode=1006, cause=Call timed out on start after 20s when trying to connect to Microphone.
Could anyone give me an advice? (Everything is ok with Alpha4)

Thank you in advance!

Philipp Memmel

Feb 6, 2021, 3:15:42 AM2/6/21
to BigBlueButton-dev
Had the same problem and couldn't solve it thx to a hint: In production mode the key sipjsHackViaWs in settings.yml is set to true by default, in settings.yml of development setup it's set to false. Switching it to true made my dev environment run without any problems, especially making the 1006 error disappear.

Hope this works for you as well.

Tam Hoang

Feb 6, 2021, 8:18:39 AM2/6/21
to BigBlueButton-dev