bbb v2.3 beta3

Ali Alhaidary

Apr 12, 2021, 10:25:03 AM4/12/21
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com

It seems when changing the welcome message in /usr/share/bbb-web/WEB-INF/classes/bigbluebutton.properties in other than the English language results to:

All other localization works as expected.

Ali

Nikola Z

Apr 12, 2021, 11:53:43 PM4/12/21
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
In which program do you edit? Look at the encoding in this program.

пн, 12 квіт. 2021 о 17:25 Ali Alhaidary <ali.al...@the5stars.org> пише:

Ali Alhaidary

Apr 13, 2021, 2:29:49 AM4/13/21
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com

I use nano as an editor. all other localization in other blocks are fine (also using nano).

Ali

Nikola Z

Apr 13, 2021, 3:50:52 AM4/13/21
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
# If the message contains characters not in ISO-8859-1 character sets
# they must be properly escaped to unicode characters. An easy way to
# do this is running the native2ascii command setting UTF8 encoding and
# passing this file's path as input and output parameters, e.g.:
#
# native2ascii -encoding UTF8 bigbluebutton.properties bigbluebutton.properties
to http://native2ascii-online.appspot.com/
Paste the recoded text into the line:
defaultWelcomeMessage=!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <b>%%CONFNAME%%</b>!

вт, 13 квіт. 2021 о 09:29 Ali Alhaidary <ali.al...@the5stars.org> пише:

Gilles Pietri

Apr 13, 2021, 3:58:42 AM4/13/21
Le 13/04/2021 à 09:49, Nikola Z a écrit :
> # If the message contains characters not in ISO-8859-1 character sets
> # they must be properly escaped to unicode characters. An easy way to
> # do this is running the native2ascii command setting UTF8 encoding and
> # passing this file's path as input and output parameters, e.g.:
> #
> # native2ascii -encoding UTF8 bigbluebutton.properties
> bigbluebutton.properties
> to http://native2ascii-online.appspot.com/
> <http://native2ascii-online.appspot.com/>
> *Paste the recoded text into the line:*
> defaultWelcomeMessage=!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <b>%%CONFNAME%%</b>!

HA !

Here we are!
Could we not set that as UTF-8 ? Java allows it it seems, but what
doesn't work is all the bbb-conf tooling that assumes it's going to be
in ASCII.

It's the same in French with accents, and it's painful to deal with
native2ascii for various maintenance reasons, and I'm not sure why we
shouldn't just switch to UTF-8 here. I'm willing to review the bbb-conf
utility, as it already have been improved a lot, to make sure the diff
and grep don't break once we go the UTF8 way, but am I missing something?

Regards,

Gilou

Nikola Z

Apr 13, 2021, 3:59:21 AM4/13/21
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com

вт, 13 квіт. 2021 о 10:49 Nikola Z <ngz...@gmail.com> пише:

Nikola Z

Apr 13, 2021, 5:35:34 AM4/13/21
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
I'm useless here ... This is a question for developers. I just showed a way out to solve the problem.

вт, 13 квіт. 2021 о 10:58 Gilles Pietri <conta...@gilouweb.com> пише:

Ali Alhaidary

Apr 13, 2021, 10:00:14 AM4/13/21
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com

Thank you, however, I do not think that this is the root of the problem, dev people could help as I am using the same editor to edit all other files on the same server. Also, it worked fine in previous versions.

Nikola Z

Apr 13, 2021, 10:05:17 AM4/13/21
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
It's not about the editor, it's about encoding the welcome line in the bigbluebutton.properties file. try recoding GREETINGS

вт, 13 квіт. 2021 о 17:00 Ali Alhaidary <ali.al...@the5stars.org> пише:

Nikola Z

Apr 13, 2021, 10:07:06 AM4/13/21
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
I have to recode because I have Cyrillic. Otherwise abracadabra

вт, 13 квіт. 2021 о 17:05 Nikola Z <ngz...@gmail.com> пише:

Amro Hassan

Apr 14, 2021, 3:37:30 AM4/14/21
to BigBlueButton-dev
hi Ali
that't true this happens with me to and i couldn't solve it but i found another way by using the create API  ( which i really want when creating the new virtual class ) by attaching  the following attribute before generating the checksum :
&welcome=".urlencode("النص العربي هنا كما تحتاج")
but now if you try using urlencode and pasted its output  in the defalut
/usr/share/bbb-web/WEB-INF/classes/bigbluebutton.properties
i think it may work
best regards