BBB-docker with Dynamic DNS

Chris Longliveenduro

Apr 14, 2021, 10:52:32 AM4/14/21
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi,

I am trying to get BBB docker running locally on my developer machine. I am using the updates/v2.3-beta-3 branch.

I setup Dyndns to redirect to my current local machine ip.

My env contains:
ENABLE_HTTPS_PROXY=true
DOMAIN=longliveenduro.ddnss.ch
 and also my current IPv4 and IPv6 IP under
EXTERNAL_IPv4=...
EXTERNAL_IPv6=...

I have created an admin user, and when I try to login I get:

Server Error
Invalid BigBlueButton Endpoint and Secret

If I check the logs of the greenlight container:

2021-04-14 14:41:15 +0000 - ERROR: [004b8104-1bda-4110-84e0-a0030c1d3e7c] [89.247.203.31] BigBlueButtonException: Connection error. Your URL is probably incorrect: "https://longlivee
nduro.ddnss.ch/bigbluebutton/api". Error: SSL_connect returned=1 errno=0 state=error: certificate verify failed (self signed certificate)
2021-04-14 14:41:15 +0000 - INFO: [004b8104-1bda-4110-84e0-a0030c1d3e7c] [89.247.203.31] method=GET path=/b/adm-bfa-epw-jc9 format=html controller=RoomsController action=show status=
200 duration=4124.30 view=21.51 db=3.07 host=greenlight

So it looks like it doesn't work with self signed certificates. How is that meant to get it working for local development testing?

Cheers
Chris

Nikola Z

Apr 14, 2021, 3:15:31 PM4/14/21
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
I put on the local server by NAT on the registered domain and directed to the white (external) IP of the server. It is best to do this from the server terminal using the wget script -qO- https://ubuntu.bigbluebutton.org/bbb-install.sh | bash -s - -v bionic-230 -s bbb.example.com -e not...@example.com -g -w Everything is set and automatically adjusted and Greenlight too.

Без вирусов. www.avast.com

ср, 14 квіт. 2021 о 17:52 Chris Longliveenduro <chris....@gmail.com> пише:

Chris Longliveenduro

Apr 15, 2021, 2:12:56 AM4/15/21
to BigBlueButton-dev
Cheers Nick,

so you are not using BBB docker? But still how do you solve the problem with the self signed certificate?

Cheers
Chris

Nikola Z

Apr 15, 2021, 7:27:59 AM4/15/21
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
We use. Certificates are generated automatically when BBB is installed on a server using a script. They are attached to the domain name. And the domain name corresponds to the EXTERNAL static IP

Chris Longliveenduro

Apr 15, 2021, 8:43:30 AM4/15/21
to BigBlueButton-dev
Cheers Nick, I found out that I have to use DEV_MODE=true in the .env file so that there is no problem with the self signed certificate which I posted above. Can you copy that?

Chris Longliveenduro

Apr 21, 2021, 5:12:11 AM4/21/21
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi Nick,

I still don't understand your answer fully. I want to run BBB in docker but with the above instructions you gave me " wget script -qO- https://ubuntu.bigbluebutton.org/bbb-install.sh | bash -s - -v bionic-230 -s bbb.example.com -e not...@example.com -g -w", I would just normally install BBB (without docker). What do I understand wrong here?

Cheers Chris

Nikola Z

Apr 21, 2021, 8:40:17 AM4/21/21
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com