Re: [bigbluebutton-dev] Prolong session time

Message has been deleted

Fred Dixon

May 23, 2023, 7:15:59 AM5/23/23
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Enes,

It's not possible at the moment to extend a session.  I did a quick search and there is an open issue tracking this

The pieces should be there as we already have the ability to extend the time for breakout rooms, which are themselves independent BigBlueButton sessions.  It should be possible to do the same for the main session.

There are lots of capabilities we want to add to BigBlueButton.  For more information on how we prioritize features, see

Regards,... Fred

On Tue, May 23, 2023 at 3:48 AM Enes Sijaric <enes.si...@gmail.com> wrote:
When we have a session that expires in a few minutes, what are the options to extend that session in the big blue button? Is that even possible?

Co-founder BigBlueButton

Like BigBlueButton?  Tweet us at @bigbluebutton
Message has been deleted

Brandon Zylstra

May 23, 2023, 12:37:32 PM5/23/23
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Maybe you already know this but there's a problem with that link.  Have you checked your certificate expiration date?

image.png

Message has been deleted

Brandon Zylstra

May 23, 2023, 1:12:54 PM5/23/23
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
I was replying to Fred, so the "you" in that message is not you. When there's a problem with a certificate the browser displays a message like that.  It's usually a certificate expiration, but in this case it seems to be because the certificate is for github.io instead of docs.bigbluebutton.org.

On Tue, May 23, 2023 at 12:39 PM Enes Sijaric <enes.si...@gmail.com> wrote:
Brandon Im not sure that i understood you?

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "BigBlueButton-dev" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/bigbluebutton-dev/CALES5ynWKjtfAVbBijK3Dp8TxSv14sUgbqhqcnQ%3Dw8zLHkS6eQ%40mail.gmail.com.

Brandon Zylstra
brandon...@gmail.com

Fred Dixon

May 24, 2023, 7:56:59 AM5/24/23
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Brandon,

We just checked the link again and we are not seeing the certificate error here.

image.png

Brandon Zylstra

May 24, 2023, 12:49:47 PM5/24/23
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Fred,

I was previously seeing a certificate issued to *.github.io, and now I'm seeing one issued to docs.bigbluebutton.org.  Maybe someone fixed it in the meantime.

--
Brandon Zylstra
brandon...@gmail.com