BBBv2.4, Upgrade to PC Chrome v114.0.5735.91 will cause the whiteboard to fail to draw !?

MT88 HM

May 31, 2023, 4:29:03 AM5/31/23
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi Fred and other developers:

We just found a new issue that we upgrade current Chrome v113 to latest v114 will cause the whiteboard to fail to draw on it.(No matter what component we use to draw on it.)

Can you help clarify this problem and how to solve it?
We currently still run based on BBBv2.4 platform, So any quick fix is the best for us.
Thanks.

Best regards,
mt88hm

Fred Dixon

May 31, 2023, 7:37:25 PM5/31/23
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
We're now developing on 2.7 and supporting 2.6 as the official release.  Is it an option for you to upgrade to 2.6?

Regards,... Fred

Co-founder BigBlueButton

Like BigBlueButton?  Tweet us at @bigbluebutton

MT88 HM

May 31, 2023, 10:11:48 PM5/31/23
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Fred:

1. Due some reason about human resources, we may need some time for porting from our custom project from v2.4->v2.6.
2. We haven't found any related discussion for this new issue. Is there any clue or solution that can be solved in short time?
Thx.

Best regards,
mt88hm

Fred Dixon <ffd...@gmail.com> 於 2023年6月1日 週四 上午7:37寫道:

Fred Dixon

Jun 1, 2023, 7:03:00 AM6/1/23
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
We can see that 2.5 draws on the whiteboard with Chrome 114.  BigBlueButton 2.6 with tldraw works fine as well (as we would expect).

> 2. We haven't found any related discussion for this new issue. Is there any clue or solution that can be solved in short time?

Unfortunately not.  We (the core developers) have not done any work on 2.4 in many months.  Our focus is on supporting 2.6 and moving towards 2.7.

Instead of using 2.4, which is EOL, may find more support in moving towards 2.6, and you could try reaching out to companies that provide commercial support to help accelerate the process.

Regards,... Fred

MT88 HM

Jun 1, 2023, 12:40:08 PM6/1/23
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
OK, Thanks for your quickly reply and provide some useful information, and we can take for reference to find our best solution.
Thanks.

Best regards,
mt88hm

Fred Dixon <ffd...@gmail.com> 於 2023年6月1日 週四 下午7:02寫道:

Hiroshi Suga

Jun 3, 2023, 12:23:25 AM6/3/23
to BigBlueButton-dev
There is an issue submitted in Github: https://github.com/bigbluebutton/bigbluebutton/issues/18066

I can confirm the problem in 2.5.17 in Chrome and Brave on MacOS. Obviously on the presentation-overlay component, the area that accepts mouse events is limited. The area changes (in its size and position) depending on the size of the BBB window. Moreover, when you zoom into the presentation, the area that does not accept events enlarges. Consequently, if you zoom in around 200% using the mouse wheel, you will stuck, with all mouse operation disabled; you need to zoom out using the toolbar button before re-activating the operation.

So far I don't find any bug or error in the source code. I would bet it's a bug in Chromium-related browsers...but you never know.

Hiroshi Suga

Jun 3, 2023, 12:27:47 AM6/3/23
to BigBlueButton-dev
BTW my 2.5.17 server was upgraded three days ago from 2.4.0. I also upgraded Ubuntu to 20.04. It is thus possible that the problem comes the drastic upgrading.

MT88 HM

Jun 3, 2023, 5:30:41 AM6/3/23
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hiroshi,
We met the same issue no matter on 2.4 or 2.5.
Thx for your PR.

Hi Fred,
The issue is still on v2.5.

Best regards,
mt88hm

Hiroshi Suga <suga...@gmail.com> 於 2023年6月3日 週六 下午12:23寫道:

Hiroshi Suga

Jun 3, 2023, 8:11:03 PM6/3/23
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi MT88HM,

See PRs that I proposed right now:
They may offer a quick workaround until Chromium fixes a possible bug.

I would recommend you, however, to upgrade at least to 2.5.17 so that you can receive the fix and support. I am pretty sure 2.4 would never receive them (even the source code has been removed already).

MT88 HM

Jun 3, 2023, 10:36:25 PM6/3/23
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hiroshi,

Thx for your PRs support, before to see your PR's hotfix we ourselves have already found another work around solution:
const viewBox = `rect(${viewBoxX} ${viewBoxY} ${viewBoxWidth} ${viewBoxHeight})`;
clipPath={viewBox}
We test it on our basedv2.4 project, it works for us.

But we have missed your performance consideration and hot fix.
We may try your clipPath removable solution and apply it again.
Any other comment?

Thx for your sharing and supporting.
Thx.

Best regards,
mt88hm

Hiroshi Suga <suga...@gmail.com> 於 2023年6月4日 週日 上午8:11寫道:

Hiroshi Suga

Jun 4, 2023, 12:47:09 AM6/4/23
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi MT88HM,

yes, I have confirmed that your solution works as well.
In the meanwhile I have submitted another solution:
Let's see what the devs decide. Whatever they decide, I am just fine as I can start the class from tomorrow;-)

omar Nabil

Jun 4, 2023, 1:15:29 AM6/4/23
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Good morning
I making a mobile app using a flutter and to make sharescreen to help in live however I made it web view and the sharescreen button appears but if press sharescreen an error message appears 1137 you can’t open it using this browser try another browser or device

mudrek...@gmail.com

Jul 28, 2023, 2:13:02 PM7/28/23
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi i also have BBB v2.4 can you guide me on how to solve this in the installed BBB without reinstalling or upgrading.
Regards

MT88 HM

Jul 29, 2023, 1:24:21 PM7/29/23
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
See the Hiroshi Suga's PR.
Thx.

See PRs that I proposed right now:
They may offer a quick workaround until Chromium fixes a possible bug.

mudrek...@gmail.com <mudrek...@gmail.com> 於 2023年7月29日 週六 上午2:13寫道:

Dijital Merkez

Aug 21, 2023, 11:46:35 AM8/21/23
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi,
I am using 2.4.9. I can't do the upgrade option right now. Can anyone explain to me step by step how you solved this problem? I've reviewed these 2 issues, but I didn't quite understand where and what to do.

Thanks for your help in advance.