Unpublishing and records deletion

Anton Petrov

Oct 19, 2021, 8:13:23 AM10/19/21
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi, I'm not sure if unpublishing a given record means it will be deleted forever after a 14 days default cleanup period since it's folder disappears from  /var/bigbluebutton/published/presentation?
We are using a 3rd part platform to connect to BBB and in the Records section all records from the same room are listed. I'd like to hide some past records, but to be able to republish them on demand anytime. Is it dangerous to unpublish them?

Anton Petrov

Oct 22, 2021, 1:03:14 PM10/22/21
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi again, I'm wondering is this too obvious to worth answering or nobody knows the answer? I can't find this documented. Please, help!

Calvin Walton

Oct 22, 2021, 2:57:17 PM10/22/21
to BigBlueButton-dev
The unpublish action does not delete files, and is reversible by publishing the recording again.

When a recording is unpublished, the files are moved to the /var/bigbluebutton/unpublished directory so they're no longer accessible.

Anton Petrov

Oct 25, 2021, 3:45:52 AM10/25/21
to BigBlueButton-dev
Thanks Calvin for your answer! I'm aware that unpublishing is not an instant deleting, I was wondering if the cron deletion of the records will affect the unpublished ones.
I guess your answer means NOT.