Bigbluebutton helping Outskirts african regions

Waqar Younis

Oct 5, 2022, 1:09:55 AM10/5/22
to BigBlueButton-dev
We are running awareness programs in outskirts of underdeveloped countries. Tribes there dont like to take lessons with other tribes so we hide their names. The lectures cant be downloadable in mp4 or other playable format due to which they cant share spread and come to know that they all were in same class.
so far bigbluebutton has leverage on other tools for having hide userlist and non downloadble file.
we request developers to kindly dont change this features in coming versions.
1. hiding user lists
2. prevent downloading

we often play youtube videos in lecture via external link but in recording they are not recorded.
we request to add
1. record external link videos

thank you very much

Martin Thomas Schrott

Oct 5, 2022, 2:19:01 AM10/5/22
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com, Waqar Younis

"We are running awareness programs in outskirts of underdeveloped countries. Tribes there dont like to take lessons with other tribes "

how about awareness, that all people are the same and rassism is nothing to be supported, rather than making a open product fitting the fighting needs?

just my 2ct.

Phill. Whiteside

Oct 5, 2022, 4:14:48 AM10/5/22
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com, Waqar Younis

Fred Dixon

Oct 5, 2022, 7:20:01 AM10/5/22
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Waqar,

> 1. hiding user lists
> 2. prevent downloading

These features will stay the same.  We are introducing the ability to generate .mp4 files (which would be downloadable) in 2.6, but you'll be able to disable that and use the same presentation format.

we often play youtube videos in lecture via external link but in recording they are not recorded.
we request to add
1. record external link videos

> 1. record external link videos
This one is actually hard as the media isn't going through the BigBlueButton server (so there is nothing to record).  Instead, each client is directed by the instructor to open a YouTube link, for example, and seek/play/stop at specific locations at the direction of the teacher.

We could look at duplicating those options in the playback.  In this regard, the remote media at YouTube is not recording (which would likely violate copyright restrictions), but played back in a similar manner during the watching of the recording.

Regards,... Fred

--
BigBlueButton Developer

Like BigBlueButton?  Tweet us at @bigbluebutton