Save audio video settings for the same Laptop

arpit tiwari

Jan 23, 2023, 1:40:34 AM1/23/23
to BigBlueButton-dev
If we login via same laptop multiple times is there a way to save the setting so we do not ask cam and mic every time?

Please share your feedback on it if this is doable or not.

sd...@distancelearning.cloud

Jan 24, 2023, 6:06:16 AM1/24/23
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com

The browser getUserMedia call will ask the user permission everytime the domain name changes.

So if you have a cluster of servers with a subdomain like  live1 live2  it will ask the user the first time they use each server.

To fix this you can setup a cluster proxy and serve all meetings under a single domain like live.

Couple of ways to do this.

  1. Follow the cluster proxy document in docs.bigbluebutton.org
  2. Create a sandboxed iframe and serve all meetings from that single domain.

Pro and Cons to both approaches.

We are attempting 2) with 2.6 and having some success.

Regards,

Stephen