How to get the complete each meeting information data at the end of the meeting

aryan shaheb

Aug 17, 2022, 7:16:50 AM8/17/22
to BigBlueButton-dev

Hi,

We are trying to pull the complete each meeting information data at the end of the meeting and save into our database.

As of now we have connected to both the moderator and attendee and started the conversation also.

Then we hit  the getMeetingInfo API, we observed in response that apart from other attributes two attributes named “duration” and “endTime” having the value 0 (zero).

At the end of the meeting, once again we hit the getMeetingInfo API, now we are getting below response:

{

  "returncode": "FAILED",

  "messagekey": "notFound",

  "message": "A meeting with that ID does not exist"

}

Is it possible to retrieve the complete historical / past meeting info data at the end of the meeting?

Please suggest us, in which way or which APIs we will use to get the complete meeting detail data based on the meeting id.

Thanks

Fred Dixon

Aug 17, 2022, 7:57:19 AM8/17/22
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Aryan,

> Is it possible to retrieve the complete historical / past meeting info data at the end of the meeting?

Yes.

Check out

You can set defaultKeepEvents=true in /etc/bigbluebutton/bbb-web.properties to have BigBlueButton always make the meeting events available to the record and playback post processing scripts.

Check out

  /usr/local/bigbluebutton/core/scripts/post_events/post_events_analytics_callback.rb

which is installed by default in BigBlueButton 2.5.  You can pass analytics-callback-url on the 'create' API call to give BigBlueButton an endpoint (authenticated using JWT) to pass a JSON of the meeting events after the meeting ends.

Regards,... Fred

BigBlueButton Developer

Like BigBlueButton?  Tweet us at @bigbluebutton

Eugen Neuber

Jan 17, 2023, 9:26:51 AM1/17/23
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi Fred,

could you please add this to the API docs?

Is the parameter name really analytics-callback-url or analyticsCallbackUrl or simply analytics ?

Its value is url encoded. Where is the JWT comming from?

meetingKeepEvents=true

is a required setting in /etc/bigbluebutton/bbb-web.properties

sd...@distancelearning.cloud

Jan 18, 2023, 7:45:46 AM1/18/23
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com

Try this in the create call.

meta_analytics-callback-url=http://callback url

you should get the learning dashboard raw json POSTed back to you if this have this enabled.

/usr/local/bigbluebutton/core/scripts/post_events/post_events_analytics_callback.rb

Regards,

Stephen

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted